cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP page running on server A and XI on server B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have JSP page running on server A and XI on server B. I need to pass 2 request parameters from JSP and need to show response from XI (Sync) back to jsp page. Pls tell me how can I achieve it as I do not know about it.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Can you explain what is the complete scenario >? JSP -> XI -> ???? *TARGET SYSTEM ?

Cheers,

*RAJ*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Scenario is JSP Page -- xi --- RFC.

I know about Java Client O/b Proxy. I have already made above scenario but at that time my JSP page was in NWDS. Now the only difference is that my JSP Page is on other server.

So can I go with below points:

1. I will make Java Client O/b Proxy (Sync Interface) in XI and I will make ear file in NWDS but will deploy that ear file in server A where JSP page is running and not in NWDS since my JSP page is running in Server A.

2. From Server A Request will be initiated and it will go to server B where my xi is there.

3. I can make my RFC as Webervice as I will use Soap Receiver Adapter or if I do not make my RFC as Webservice I can use RFC receiver adapter and result will be displayed back to jsp page.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Juz keeping it simple:

SOAP -> XI -> RFC

First go through this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-maxdepth%3D0 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Consuming XI Web Services : Expose XI scenario as a webservice.Import the required RFC.

You can juz follow the same steps. Your data type n message type will change according to the date being requested and the response req.

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

Varun explain in his thread how you can convert the WSDL file to java and use it in JSP program.

<b>Cheers

*RAJ*</b>

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranga,

My JSP page is running on server A and XI on server B.

As links given by you JSP page is running on NWDS but here my JSP page is running on JBOSS and XI on other server. So still can it be done with Java Client Outbound proxy.

Pls response as i need to implemet it.

Thanks and Regards

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac,

<i> As links given by you JSP page is running on NWDS but here my JSP page is running on JBOSS and XI on other server. So still can it be done with Java Client Outbound proxy.</i> ?

Yes using java client proxy you can achive this. In my scenario my Application external RFID from that we are using JAVA client proxies to call the XI exposed WEBSERVICES uisng Synchronous communication . Passing request and getting resposne from the XI .

• Reward ponits if helpful

Best Regards.,

V.Rangarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rangarajan,

After reading those links I suppose my scenario will be like this. Pls let me know if my points are correct.

1. I will make Java Client O/b Proxy (Sync Interface) in XI and I will make ear file in NWDS and will deploy that ear file in server A where JSP page is running and not in NWDS since my JSP page is running in Server A.

2. From Server A Request will be initiated and it will go to server B where my xi is there.

3. I can make my RFC as Webervice as I will use Soap Receiver Adapter or if I do not make my RFC as Webservice I can use RFC receiver adapter and result will be displayed back to jsp page.

Regards

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Expose XI side of work as a web service. You can use apache axis api to convert the wsdl generated by XI to java file. Use these java classes to cal the methods in ur webservice from your jsp page. Put the axis api jar files in ur lib folder, and the java files in ur classes folder...

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

JSP -- XI --- R/3. In this scenario Jsp is on server A and XI on server B.

Are teh below points correct if I use Java Client O/b Proxy

1. I will make Java Client O/b Proxy (Sync Interface) in XI and I will make ear file in NWDS and will deploy that ear file in server A where JSP page is running and not in NWDS since my JSP page is running in Server A.

Regards

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac,

please see the Varun's reply . It will be helpful.

<i>3. I can make my RFC as Webervice as I will use Soap Receiver Adapter or if I do not make my RFC as Webservice I can use RFC receiver adapter and result will be displayed back to jsp page.</i>

use SOAP ( Sender Adapter ) <----

> RFC (Receiver )

Note : Synchronous Communcation . Your RFC will process ur r Request and Reponse back . Since it is Synchronous communcation . You will get Response Back.

Develope this scenario and generate WSDL file then test that wsdl file with Alto xmlspy or anyother SOAP client Request generator .

While generating the WSDL you have to give the SOAP URL as.

http://<host>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>

if party is not there then just give : then do rest of the things

Help links

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1442 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

• Award points if helpful

Best Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranga,

So I belive my point 1 and point 2 are correct. --- If yes pls tell me.

Regarding Point 3 If I do not make expose RFC as werbservice, I can simply use RFC Receiver Adapter , then I do not require Soap Receiver Adapter.

I have awarded you the points

Pls reply to this so that I can start my scenario.

Regards

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rac, you can do it this way, You don't need to give a SOAP receiver adapter. Just expose ur scenario as a web service in ID.

If you plan to use apache axis, Just generate the wsdl and use this to generate the client java files by the wsdl2java command in axis. You can use these generated java files in ur jsp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to expose rfc as webservice and complicate the whole scenario. Itz rather better to use RFC adapter.

<b>Cheers

*RAJ*</b>

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

How else would u pass parameters from jsp page to the rfc adapter??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

I have seen your link 3592 -- for that thing I do not have Web Dynpro knowledge right now so can i use JSP Page -- xi --- RFC approach using Java Client O/b Proxy approach

I know about Java Client O/b Proxy. I have already made above scenario but at that time my JSP page was in NWDS. Now the only difference is that my JSP Page is on other server.

So can I go with below points:

1. I will make Java Client O/b Proxy (Sync Interface) in XI and I will make ear file in NWDS but will deploy that ear file in server A where JSP page is running and not in NWDS since my JSP page is running in Server A.

3. I can use RFC receiver adapter and result will be displayed back to jsp page.

Pls tell me are my above 3 ponts are correct.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

By using Java Client O/b Proxy approach. Pls see my response to Raj.

Correct if I am wronng in any of my points.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranga,

Pls reply.

Regards

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac,

<i><b> 1. I will make Java Client O/b Proxy (Sync Interface) in XI and I will make ear file in NWDS but will deploy that ear file in server A where JSP page is running and not in NWDS since my JSP page is running in Server A.</b></i>

As per my knowledge Even If you deploy that ear file in server A without webservice( WSDL to know the location of xi server ) your request won't reach the XISERVER . So please use the XI Exposed webservice., create Java client proxy from server a using that generated wsdl .

<i><b>

2. From Server A Request will be initiated and it will go to server B where my xi is there</b></i>

As per my knowledge it will not reach xi server .

Answer for Ponit 3 Already i have explained.

Best Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun i juz meant tht he need not used a Receiver SOAP adapter for RFC at the receiver end instead use a RFC adapter. Yeah the scenario has to be exposed as a WEBSERVICE and have to make use of the generated WSDL file. Rest of the steps you has already put by you on the thread how to convert wsdl into java.

Cheers,

*RAJ*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can you pls elaborate me or send me link for this

'use the XI Exposed webservice., create Java client proxy from server a using that generated wsdl '

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

K Dude,

This is EP -> TO XI -> TO RFC SCENARIO quite similar to ur requirement where the portal application is on a different server

Follow each of the blogs carefully

EP-XI Integration using Web Services and Web Dynpro MVC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-maxdepth%3D0 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

HOW TO EXPOSE XI AS Web Service

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

How to Develop a Webservice Using NWDS and SAP XI.30

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5f3ee9d7-0901-0010-1096-f5b...

How to Set Up a Web Service-Related Scenario with SAP XI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/befdeb90-0201-0010-059b-f22...

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_4

Use this link to download the api. After extracting to some location, create a folder using any name in <AXISHOME>\samples directory.

Place your wsdl file inside the folder you create.

Go 2 ur command prompt to this folder and type

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Wsdl2java <"Your WDSL file name"> and press enter.

It'll generate the java files.. The detailed documentation is available with the download

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac ,

Help full links

here he has explained using webdynpro . Forget about the part two. See part one .

Setting up the UDDI registry

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/16/webas-a-step-by-step-guide-for-configuring-uddi-registry-on-local-server

and / 2684

I hope that you know how to create Synchronous scenario .

two main adapters are

1. SOAP Sender Adpater

2.RFC Receiver Adapter

After Creating the Scenario . Just come to Configartion Area .

Tools --> Define WebService . Give the party name service name and Interface name and all other details .

Note : Don'tt select the proposed URL button give url as http://<host>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>;

Things are done .

Now you have to Register your WSDL file in some server . You can use Local UDDI test Registry to hold ur WSDL file .

1. to define a place holder in WebAS for holding the

wsdls.

2. publish the wsdls in WebAS UDDI Repostory

<b>Steps</b>

step 1 : Create a folder wsdl in the J2EE memory space.

step 2 : log into visual adminitrator server-> services -> http provider

step 3 :

1. select Web Services Container Service->Runtime

2. choose Virtual Host Tab strip.

3. In the general properties default host select Directory

list and save propertes.

step 4 : select the aliases tab strip and create an alias for the folder "wsdl" , specify the path to the folder and save

step 5: Once you have created aliases , you can access the folder on WebAs using http://server:port/wsdl address. You will be able to see all the files in the folder wsdl.

You can also refer to the files in the folder directly ex.

http://server:port/wsdl/Test.wsdl

step 6: Now you can use the local UDDI Client for publishing Sevice Definition(wsdl) to the UDDI Registry.

Just give the WSDL url which is pointing to the UDDI local server , to the java proxy genarators . They will use that URL to call the call the WSDL .

If you still have doubts ask me .

Best Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac,

we are Configuring UDDI registry on Local Server . our Local server will act like place holder for WSDL .

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is JSP application using a webservice >>?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for your response.

Its upto me. I can use webservice also and it can be done without webservice also.

So if i do not use webservice pls tell me can it be done with Java Client proxy.

My JSP page is running on server A and XI on server B.

If I use Webservice then how it can be done.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With webservice you have got advantage that it is reusable.

you can check this

It almost near to the requirement but you need to still figure out how to use in jboss.

Most of the scenarios you will find here will use NWDS.

Cheers,

*RAJ*