cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXA Buffer Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo!

I am running sap SAP R/3 4.70 IDES system. I upgraded SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA component to level 41.

When I run transaction ME23N(Logistic-> Material Management-> Purchasing-> Purchase Order-> Display) i get error PXA_NO_FREE_SPACE. What means that i have too small PXA Buffer size. I have also checked it with transaction RZ20 where Buffer-> sapides_S00_00-> Program-> SpaceUsed is on 99%.

Now, I don't know how to increase PXA buffer size.

I would be glad, if someone could help me.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Mihail

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you Please let us know how you resolved this issue ? It will be a great help.

Best Regards,

Shakeel.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

Please set parameter abap/buffer_size=750000

Thanks

Pankaj Kalsayan

Edited by: Pankaj Kumar Kalsayan on Mar 13, 2008 10:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls tell me how to set parameter ABAP buffer ???

Thank you a lot

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Me too having PXA error.

How did you resolve your problem.

By ABAP buffer size is 150000kb. What it should be typically?

Me too using IDES system.

Thanks

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mihail,

Some relevant SAP notes are #147568 and #872010. Can you confirm if this is a 32-bit instance where dumps occur or is it a 64-bit instance? If 32-bit there may be a shortage of address space here causing the issue. The total SAP buffer sizes from AL13 transaction would be interesting in that case for further analysis if a simple increase in the size of the ABAP (PXA) buffer doesn't resolve.

Regards, Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

please go to instance profile and there abap/buffersize which is needed to be set to upper level suitable to your system requirement. Pls take backup of your instance profile before making any changes.

regards,

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would point to the program buffer, which is set with instance parameter abap/buffersize. You could check the size in ST02. Instance profile changes are made in RZ10.

Best approach might be to search in OSS for this particular error as there can be specific operating system issues that can cause this.