cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to OS/400 DB2 ECC5.0 enviornment, after stopping to take a backup.the server is not coming up. the message the abap instance is not coming.I have checked all the problems anaysis that in IBM redbooks. check the tcp/ip status it is DEQW , netstat, check the default profile. job status of qserver its all in deqw. can anyone tell a solution how to navigate this problem.

Regards

Shylendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did someone/you made any chnages to the startup profiles for the system?

If Yes, Try starting the system with the backed up start up profile in the folder /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/START_DVEBMGS<INST_NO>_<HOSTNAME>.BAK.

Try renaming the current start up profile to some profile(like- .BAK123) and then rename the backed up profile to START_DVEBMGS<INST_NO>_<HOSTNAME>

Looks like a part of the startup profile is wrong.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Somebody has changed the parameters in startup fprofile. I changed it and the SAP is up and running. Thanks very much for the immediate response .

Thanks and Regards

Shylendra Mohan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the files dev_disp and especially dev_w0 for errors. Those are the workprocess tracefiles.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am attaching two log file of dev_w0 and sapstartup please find any inconsistencies. There is no data, freshly installed.

<u><b>dev_w0 </b> </u>

Sat Jul 14 07:00:17 2007

change reqtype from BTC to DIA

PfSetStatLevel: new stat level = 1

ipl_ipl_HookSwitchOpMode: switch to DIA, init already done

<b>startuplog</b><u></u>

Starting at 2007/07/29 16:40:35

Startup Profile: "/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/profile/START_DVEBMGS00_S65FD72D"

Execute Pre-Startup Commands

-

(110) Local: /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/sapmscsa -n pf=/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/profile/PR

(110) Executing "/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/sapmscsa -n pf=/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/profil

(110) Okay|

(110) Local: ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/rslgcoll co.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00

(110) Cannot execute "ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/rslgcoll co.sapPRD_DVEBM

(110) Cannot execute "ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/rslgcoll co.sapPRD_DVEBM

(110) system(ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/rslgcoll co.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00) fai

(110) Local: ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/rslgsend se.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00

(110) Cannot execute "ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/rslgsend se.sapPRD_DVEBM

(110) system(ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/rslgsend se.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00) fai

(110) Local: ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/msg_server ms.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00

(110) Cannot execute "ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/msg_server ms.sapPRD_DVE

(110) system(ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/msg_server ms.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00) f

(110) Local: ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/disp+work dw.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00

(110) Cannot execute "ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/disp+work dw.sapPRD_DVEB

(110) system(ln -s -f /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/disp+work dw.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00) fa

Starting Programs

-

(110) Cannot execute "co.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00 -F pf=/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/profile/PRD_DVE

(110) Cannot execute "co.sapPRD_DVEBMGS00 -F pf=/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/profile/PRD_DVE

(110) **** Failed to create new Child Process. Error 0 ****

(110) Parent Shutdown at 2007/07/29 16:40:35

Execute Post-Shutdown Commands

-

(110) Exiting with Return-Code -110. (Internal error)

***********End of Data******************* <u></u>

0 Kudos

Hi Shylendra,

Just can't believe this comes from a default installation. It looks like you have entries in your start profile that want to produce links to the real executables (ln -s) and call them in order to have more meaningful entries in process tables. If so I would expect these entries to be preceded by removal of the link. But I do not see anything like this in the sapstart.log.

A typical sequence then would look like

[code]Execute_08 = local /usr/bin/rm -f $(_MS)

Execute_09 = local /usr/bin/ln -s -f $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/msg_server$(FT_EXE) $(_MS)

Start_Program_01 = local $(_MS) pf=$(_PF)[/code]

If the rm entry is missing, the ln -s will fail.

But this is not done in iSeries installations to my knowledge. Therefore, I am a bit concerned about the status of your installation. Do you have some details on the installation?

Regards,

Thomas

Message was edited by:

Thomas Obermeier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Kernel release 640 DB client lib. DB4_52

Compilation AIX 1 5 00538A4A4 DB releases V5R2, V5R3, V5R4

Patch Level 147 DBSL version 640.00

ABAP Load 1521 DBSL Patch Level 140

CUA load 16

Mode opt

Rsyn file

Operating System OS400 2 5, OS400.

This kernel information of my DEV server. The same config in PRD also. The golive is after 2 months. Before i need to set this server.This iSeries machine V5R4. I am not installed person.That guy left. So i have tried all the things written in IBM redbooks. I have compared the profiles with DEV. it is ok. Please give a solution.

Regards

Shylendra