cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 pricing procedures for the same sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.,

My client requirement is the client requires 2 pricing procedures for the combination of Same sales areaDEocument Pricing procedurecustomer pricing procedure in OVKK

He doesnt want to use new sales area or new document pricing procedure or new customer pricing procedure,I know that in standard SAP it is not possible.

Can any of the gurus throw some light on this.Some work around is required here,So can u please say the required changes in Standard functionality.

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanam,

You made very clear of your requirement. Unfortunately it is not possible. A combination of Sales area + DoPP + CuPP determines a unique pricing procedure at OVKK. Otherwise, the pricing logic and consistency is broken.

I suspect not many clients fully understand SAP, correct me if I am wrong, they want a substantially different pricing strategy to apply to the same customer in the same sales area. The fact is we can design condition types/tables to be dependent on any fields; can utilize billing plans at item level; can use varying document types, contracts to adapt. Not knowing your specific scenario, would appreciate if you can explain more. Thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can maintain 2 pricing procedures for the same sales area, it happens when?

the standard pricing would carry while u maintain the define pricing procedure as

S.Og + D.ch DvDocument Pricing +Customer Pricing + Std. Pricing Procedure +Condition type. ( like 1000 + 01 +02 + A +1 +Rvaa01 + proo).

second scenario. (if it is free goods determination) then the pricing procedure u have to assign it to ur same sales area, How?

S.Org DchDvDoc. pricingCust.Pricing and so on.

eg; here it differs only Document pricing procedure, instead of A, we maintian here as C - for free goods.

regards

KR

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear manam narayana

OK agreed you need two pricing procedure , but what is the logic for determining pricing procedure,

you can check the table T683, for determination of pricing procedure, there you will find following fields

Client you cannnot change

Usage you cannnot change

Application see if pricing procedure is required for different application for e.g. V1, V2,....

Procedure PSER02

Exclusion proc. This field can be help to you

Specific proc. Standard

Pricing type Standard

Productive Standard

Description Service - Expense Settlement

As of standard practice you should add different condition type to one pricing procedure, and depending on requirement(as per your logic) the condition type can be activated and deactivated.

Still if you can tell logic to ABAPer they can do the determination but as you know it will not be part of Standard SAP and also explain him the table T683

Regards

Jitesh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Talk to the client on what is the pricing procedure expected in various circumstances. Then accordingly decide what is the main component (Sales org, DC, Div, CPP, DPP etc) which is influencing the pricing procedure.

For example if they say that when they are ordering material A , pp should be X, for B pp should be Y, then assign the material A to Division J, and B to K. Then configure OVKK accordingly.

Similarly, if DC is different, then accordingly configure OVKK for different DCs , while other components can remain the same.

Thus CPP or DPP will not make any impact on pp, as they are same for all the transactions of same doc type, or same customer, but based on DC or division, you can predetermine the pp.

Hope this point helps you. Extrapolate the same logic to other components also and you will arrive at the right solution for your problem.

Reward if this approach helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.,

First of all thank you very much for giving me so tremendous response, But my client requirement is,

He has one customer and for that customer when raising an order ,for some orders Tax shouldnot caliculate and for some orders Tax should be caliculated,

For example : If he gives price 100,Then the base price should be 100,For some orders he gives price as 130 rs which is inclusive of tax like 110 should be the base price and 20 rs tax should get caliculated

So i have tried in the pricing procedures and we have standard pricing procedure RVAA01 & RVAB01 ,In which RVAB01 is the price inclusive of tax procedure,We can assighn different pricing procedures if any of the combination in OVKK is changed,But he dont want to change the combination in OVKK.

So client asks now when he raise an order he decides how the price should be caliculated, i.e the price may be he give price or price inclusive tax,of which the pricing procedure should automatically split the tax and price accordingly,He is asking in the way like when we raise a sales order we should do like a pop up box should appear asking which pricing procedure should be selected,So on selecting the pricing procedure the order should caliculate based on the selected pricing procedure

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Narayana

This is the Case, which can be easily handled by requirement.

First , you should have two different incoterms for one which is exclusive of tax and one which is inclusive of tax.

Then in your price condtion type and/or tax condition type put requirement so that they behave as required.

For e..g 130Rs , where price is inclusive of tax then your tax condition type should have requirement that Incoterms whould be inclusive of tax, if this requirement is not fulfilled (i.e. price is exclusive) then this condition will be accessed.

and if your scenario are more complex you can use Tax Procedure and Tax codes to handle it.

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh.,

Thanks for your response,But there is only one customer,For one customer we cannot put different incoterms na,Thats again a problem here

Regards

Narayana

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is true, but there is one field which needs to be changed manually in sales order for your scenario, than why not incoterms? because this rates are differing due to different terms of business, or else you can use Customer groups in Additional tab A, This field you can add in your condition record also to have different access and you can put requirement at access level to set the access for e.g. first access is inclusive of tax and second exclusive of tax, depending on what is set in sales order Additional data the access will be set.

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh.,

Thats Great,it is very informative i will try this and get back to you.,

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiitesh & Gurus.,

look at the pricing procedure RVAJUS (exclusive of taxes) and RVAB01 (inclusive of taxes).

What client require is that he want to dynamically change the pricing procedure at the Contract Level to have the capacity to choose RVAJUS or RVAB01.

So how do we achieve this particular functionality ?

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manam,

As discussed yesterday this is not possible to switch the pricing procedure itself.

Since this is coming from the customization itself at the max you can change the values of the condition types by using update functionality but not the pricing procedure.

Have you tried the Exclusion functionality we discussed yesterday ?

I didn't get time to try that thing out

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrish.,

But they are saying that they need 2 pricing procedures,can any one throw some light on this

Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new ship-to party for this particular customer with tax exemption ID. When processing order, choose corresponding ship-to party to determine tax.

If client insists on a new pricing procedure, maintain a new sold to party for the same customer and differentiate a new CuPP key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Manam,

i dont catch your problem. You need to have 2 Pricing procedures in combination.

Please give an example for the procedures and the prices.

I have running a price procedure where i have normal material delivered from stock with various pricing conditions (NORM) parallel with materialis, where i calculate the prices within the procedure prcedure. (KDE)

hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manam,

i dont know as how it is going to work but i am just throwing my view.

Assign the sales area to the two pricing procedures

Try to make the pricing field in the header data sales view as in display mode , so that u can have any of the pricing procedure.

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to make the pricing field in the header data sales view as in display mode , so that u can have any of the pricing procedure.

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to make the pricing field in the header data sales view as in <b>change</b> mode , so that u can have any of the pricing procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

maintain the sales area of what u have created, but u have to create a new doc. pricing and customer pricing procdeure and assign it to ur existing sales area. then it works for u.

reward points if useful.

regards

kr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra.,

I dont want to change any of the combination as i have clearly mentioned in my quostion,I dont want to change sales areaDocument pricing procedurecustomer pricing procedure...

Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case we cannot have 2 pricing procedures for the same sales area combination. Either you have to change document pricing procedure or customer pricing procedure then it can work this is the only work around.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards,

Sreekanth