cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger Xi from web methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI. Can anyone help me with how to trigger XI from a webmethod or a web application?

Regards

Sanil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WebMethods has developed a WebMethods XI adapter that is plugged into WebMethods and that can post messages into the XI PipleLine url in the XI SOAP Message Format. XI can use the XI receiver adapter to post the message to a particualr URL on WebMethods. WebMethods will read the info from this URL using the Sender XI Adapter plugged into WebMethods.

Check this article for more info:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/a%20case%20stud...

and also following blogs:

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/07/10/xi--sap-business-connector-integration-using-the-http-adapter

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for the reply. Your reply helped me a lot. More I do have a scenario in mind for which I need your suggestion.

I do need a system which can be used by most of the users. For e.g like vendors .. they can be thousands and every vendor needn't have an SAP system to communicate to XI.

I am thinking of developing a java web application. Create the proxies of my O/b and I/b interface in the system where java application is hosted. And then use proxy communication to xi by using xi adapter. How do you think the idea is ? Will this work out? Are there any issues using java proxy communication? Or is there any other better solution ofr this?

Please give your valuable comments.

Thanks and Regards

Sanil

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U havent mentioned the type of non-system u have.

<i>How do you think the idea is ? Will this work out? </i>

Yes this will work out. But it certainly require much development time.

<i>Are there any issues using java proxy communication?</i>

No substantial issue

<i>Or is there any other better solution ofr this? </i>

If u r going to a complete new development then u could also opt for exposing ur application as web service. Then the integration could be achieved using SOAP adapter. Also with a future perspective wherein it is recommended to have a service based organization processes, this would help u.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your comments. I had a thought about the web service concept, but I am not sure about its authentication. Yes we can do authentication on user id and pwd. But if we do a web application the application will take care of the authentication. And moreover I don't know how shall be the source code for calling a web service... I am working on it as well. If you could help me with some sample codes or a place where I can dig some information on this, it would be helpful

Thanks and Regards

Sanil

Answers (0)