cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to throw exception using UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am comparing 2 fields in Message Mapping and if they are not equal an exception should be generated. How do I go about doing this?

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This blog explains the same

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

rgds

Chemmanz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xler,

You can throw a generic exception in using a UDF by making an object for RuntimeException but i doubut u will be able to put it in trace.

These are a few links which can help u

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/04/26/xipi-throwing-generic-exceptions-from-any-type-of-mapping

Rgds

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xier,

Hope this helps you.....

1. It is not possible to handle exceptions without a BPM . To handle Exceptions without BPM, UDF is the best approach

2. If you want to catch simple errors (like wrong value) you can send alert from UDF. If you want to catch all errors (even critical) you can either use

a BPM with a catch block (which will catch all errors) and enable you to process

the flow - or you can create a java mapping inside which you will validate if the

mapping was ok or not and send alert from there

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

With Regards,

Raju.

**********please reward points if found useful