cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Service Not Working, sending 404 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just created an Internet Service pointing to a transaction and I published it but it is not working when I click on Start Service and the browser is opened, I know the servername and the url should be well created cause I delete the service name and change it for webgui and then it works so the hostname and port shoud be ok.

I can not see it either in the SICF transaction under the ITS path I followed the instructions in the Help Manual but is not working and can´t find why, has somebody done this that can help me out?

Thanx in Advanced!

Kind Regards,

Gerardo J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gerardo,

by your description I can see that you are using an integrated ITS, right? So, with a new WebAS you have to define the service via tx SICF. Copy the webgui service into another new service (you maybe want to copy it into /sap/bc/gui/test/its) and edit the parameters and values to match your service. Then you should be able to start this new service.

With best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

I did what you told me and now I can run my new service, in this case I didn´t have to touch Trans SE80, is this correct? and do you know how do I call this from the SAP Portal? and If the look & feel can be modified within the Portal?

Thanx Alot!!

Kind Regards,

Gerardo J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again Thorsten,

I created an IAC Iview inside the portal and it worked just fine and I can see the Transaction now into the Portal, what I could not achieve is to change the Look and Feel using the ITS Theme Generator, it keeps the same look and Feel even If I want to use a theme for changing it, do you know how can I achieve this?

Thanx in Advanced!

Kind Regards,

Gerardo J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

there is a Wiki article ' How to activate, publish and test ITS services in the integrated ITS?'

which should help here.

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for the Link, I have followed the steps and published the service in the SE80 Transaction, I checked the settings and are correctly pointing to internal ITS, but after I published the Service I start the SICF transaction and can not find my new Service to activate it, I´m looking in /sap/bc/gui/sap/its Path wich is the Path I have configured into Internet Transaction Server > Test Tab.

I really apreciate your help!

Kind Regards,

Gerardo J