cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Mobile Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to use the MI Infrastructure with more or minus 70 Users. (1 User = 1 Handheld) Somebody knows a "Practical" formula?

Like: 100 users 4 GB

200 users 6 GB

400 users 8 GB

So you can use a mathematical functions that depends of the number of Mobile Users:

F(X) = X*20MB + 2000MB where X is the number of handheld / Mobile Users.

I went to service.sap/sizing but i can't find the MI Environment.

Please some tips

Best regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

I do not believe that a document with general formulas exists.

MI DB consists of two parts: replica DB for T01, T51 SyncBos (the biggest of the two), all mobile users sync info to handle delta sync.

The only document I am aware of is a document that have sizing recommendations for SAP Mobile Applications like MAM, MTT, MSOn, etc.

But the methodology is to calculate a ratio between SAP measured scenario and customer one.

Not sure that it will be very useful to estimate your situation.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

Thanks a lot for your Reply, did you know where are located this documents? (recommendations for SAP Mobile Applications like MAM, MTT, MSOn)

In service.sap.com/sizing?

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

if you have access to SAP service marketplace, go to

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/sizing

SAP Netweaver in Detail -> Solution Life-Cycle Management -> Hardware Sizing -> Sizing Guidelines -> Solutions & Platform

Document I referenced is called "Sizing SAP xApps for Mobile Business".

You may want to take a look at this info as well

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/mobile/mobile%20infrast...

I think that, unfortunately, this is only official info released regarding mobile applications sizing. It does not seem much from the first glance but considering how complex is an architecture of those applications and how many variables are in the performance/sizing equasion you will understand why SAP is extremely cautious in this area.

Hope this helps at least a bit.

Regards,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Answers (0)