cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating text file encoded in ANSI or UNICODE standards

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are developing a project for a customer, in Brazil, using SAP xMII version 11.5.3 b66.

In one part of the application we need that xMII generates and saves a text file in the shared folder of a printer. This file has special characters inside, such as: ç , ã , á, â, which are used here in Brazil. When the file is saved, these kind of characters are being written properly in the file (we can open it in notepad and see all characters in the text) but the file encoding type is UTF-8. We need a way to have xMII generating the text file encoded in ANSI or UNICODE standards because the printer is not able to printer special characters of files encoded in UTF-8. Is that a way to configure xMII to do this way?

Thanks in advance,

Henry Costa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Henry,

UTF-8 is one of the many Unicode character encoding sets; do you know exactly which ones your printer supports (e.g. UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16, etc.)?

From memory, UTF-7 has the same characters as ANSI ASCII but I think you may have to use at least UTF-8 to get non-English characters...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

I'm using the "Web -> Text Saver" action to save this file.

Thanks,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Henry.

This might require the creation of a custom action block, as I do not think it will be possible to easily do this with the "built-in" action blocks. What is generating/creating the text file?

- Rick