Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Download in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a composite role in R/3 system. I want to copy the same role in BW or other SAP system. The only problem is that I want the role name to be different.I tried couple of times to copy the role in other systems with role name diff what it is in R/3 but am not able to do so.

Any comments? If I download from R/3 and do upload in BW, it uploads fine but the role name is same as in R/3. I want to copy role but have diff name on BW or other SAP systems. How do u do that?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a copy of the role in R/3 that is named correctly for the target system

If you just want to rename the composite, why don't you dl/.ul all the single roles and just combine them in a new composite with a naming convention of your choice in the target BW system?

If you want to rename single roles and composite role then copy the single roles in R/3 and rename appropriately

e.g.

copy ZR3SINGLE1 to ZBWSINGLE1, ZR3SINGLE2 to ZBWSINGLE2 etc

dl/ul to the BW system and create a new composite with the new naming convention and assigne the renamed single roles to that composite.

When you have finished, delete the BW named single roles from R/3.

Theoretically you could open up the rolename.SAP file in a text editor and do replace the relevant text but whenever I have played around with it it has never worked. Quite useful to do to have a look at the structure of the data that is contained within the .SAP file.

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After uploading ur role in the BW system.

go to PFCG make a copy of the uploaded role and name it as per ur naming convention and then delete the other one which u have uploaded.

Hope this helps

Manohar

0 Kudos

download role in PFCG. Using text-editor, change role name in created TXT-file , and then upload manipulated role in target system.

Kr Marcel

0 Kudos

Hi ,

is there any program or Tcode to upload roles in to system, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

JBR

0 Kudos

SAP note 513130