cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating CAB Files for MI Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are create our cab file for MI Client with some configurations on MobileEngine.config

Before gennerate it, Can we update this cab file with the files of support package? Doing that, the users will need only synchronize the apps.

Regards,

Bruno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno do you have the step by step to update the MobileEngine.config at the CAB file? My cab file is being generated as a ZIP (folders, files, etc) and I don't know how to compress it differently.,

Thanks in advance for your help, best regards,

Marí

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

May I advice you instead of generating your own cab files for MI client push changes to MI configuration file through the add-on.

The reason: easier to upgrade to a new Mi client or apply a patch.

If you generate your own cab file you will have to do it any time you want to apply Mi Client patch or hotfix. Besides you loose SAP support for MI client the moment you do it.

The SAP recommended way to do it will be:

1. Upload MI clientMI server

2. Uplad MI client patch, hotfix, etc, (can be more than one) to MI Server

3. Create add-on on MI Server that updates MobileEngine.config file

4. Create an installation sequence (device configuration in MI7.0) that includes all those components

5. Assign this installation sequence to a mobile device (group in MI7.0).

Note: you will probably have to create installation sequence to deploy apps, customer enhancement add-ons, DB2e add-on anyway.

When user sync all theese bits and pieces will be deployed on the device and the result will be the same as you want to achieve by creating customized cab file.

But maintenance and upgradability so much easier, plus you will continue to have SAP support.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

I want to generate CAB file for MI Client with support package, because the user lost much time sync the support package..

The file SAP MI 2.5 SP18 CLIENT for download on MarketPlace has support package for SP18 on your install?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Bruno

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

You have to ask customer what is more important: keep support and upgradability path or loose 3 min on initial application deployment which should not happen too often.

As for your particular question, I personally don't have an answer. We are on NW 7.0.

Regards,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

Thanks for your help. I will expose the situations for customer.

Regards,

Bruno