Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anybody clarify my following doubts

1. Where do v create ABAP query i.e in Client specific or in cross client query areas?

2. Is there any possibility to transport the query to other clients if I create in client specific user areas?

3. What all are transported to other client if I create thrugh cross client query area?

4. I have created ABAP query in crossclient query area and transported to quality client. But, usergroup and infoset query are not transported.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Goto SQ02. Select the proper query area. Press the transport button in the application bar.

Now u have two options...

1. Download and upload

2. Export and import.

The first option downloads the user/infoset & query on ur local server and then using upload u can bring it into other system. The second option creats transport request and u can use the normal way of transporting to the other system.

Reward points if it helpful

Regards

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Query is an option available with both functional as well as technical consultants to generate reports:

We have t-codes:

SQ01

SQ02

SQ03

We use these t-codes to generate a query. For example: You have a requirement of merging two tables VBAK and VBAP in order to get an output that shows Sales doc, material number, sales Org, Dist Ch, Div and plant.

You can generate a user group and then assign to user id and then create an infoset and run a querry. Infoset is an option where you specify VBAK and VBAP tables and then the above mentioned fields will be available for selection. Later you give the input say sales document number and then execute this to get the output showing Sales doc, material number, sales Org, Dist Ch, Div and plant. So basically queries are standard options available in SAP to generate our own input selection and output of reports as per our convenience. When it is not possible for us to select / merge different tables and get the desired output, then we go for “Z” Report (code written by ABAPers)

Yes. It can be transported. When you generate a query it will automatically generate a code. We need to create a T-code and assign this code to it and save it in workbench request. Later this can be tranported.

Even infoset query should get tranported in the same way as mentioned above.

Hope this will help you out !

Regards,

Syed Nasir