Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Browser config: "java.lang.NullPointerException" error

former_member186734
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I'm trying to set up my XI 3.0 SP12 server using the web interface "Integration Browser: Configuration" and I get the "java.lang.NullPointerException" error when I try to save/activate an object.

I already try to update JRE (1.4.2-08) and have erased the Cache at the Java Web Start Preferences. I also tried "re-initialize" at XI Web Administration.

I've found a SAP Note ( 859465 ), just released yesterday, but the problem remains. Does anyone had been throught this?

Thanks for your help.

Message was edited by: Bruno Lucattelli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186734
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have solved the problem with the SAP Note. I don't know why, but I had to restart the server several times to the changes make effect.

Thanks for your collaboration!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to wrap up this issue, we encountered the same problem and SAP's response is that after applying the note and before restarting the server, you need to do the following:

1. You need to "source .j2eeenv_<hostname>.csh"

Hope this helps everyone else who looks at SDN for an answer. Our jump from SP11 to SP13 was not ideal because of this issue which is not obvious during the SPs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you happen to use AIX for XI application server?

Also could you post the last entry in defaultTrace file when you encounter the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bruno,

You will get "java.lang.NullPointerException" only if you use jre 1.5.0! (i mean you have upgraded your jre). Just go to control panel and uninstall the upgraded jre. If you don't want to uninstall the upgraded jre, you can install a new jre (probabily jre 1.4.2-08) in a different location and configure the webstart in such a way u remove the jre 1.5.0 in webstart.

Start Java Web Start from control panel or execute javaws.exe from the jre install dir/javaws and goto File->Preferences->Java. Remove Java 1.5.0 and add the newly installed jre.

I hope this works.

regards,

Felix

former_member186734
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Felix,

Thanks for the quick answer! I'm already using JRE 1.4.2-08.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruno,

Make sure you haven't upgraded JRE 1.4.2-08. If so you can uninstall from Add Remove programs. Try uninstalling the jre and reinstall it or try install a lower version like 1.4.2-06 which I am using

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I used 1.4.2-04/06/08. initially faced the same issue but finally could get up with all. Did the complete uninstall and reinstallation. But did few things beside to get connected.

1. Cleared the CACHE (javaws>file>preferences-->Advanced (tab). Also check the version being selected (if at all you have multiple versions installed on your machine)

Also, may want to check the PORT referring to NONE.

2. Cleared all the files from IE (Tools>Opotions>delete files).

This resolved my issue. May you also want to try from ADMINISTRATION (Tools on Integration builder) and use Reinitiate.

Thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more,,,,

currently using 1.4.2-08. At least no problems.