cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iHistorian3 UDS Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed iHistorian 3.1 and iHistorian3UDS on the same server.I tried to add new iHistorian3 UDS through the UDS Admin.But I am getting the error

Unable to create datasource IHISTORIAN3UDS.DataSource.[Class not registered]

Can someone help me out in solving this error

Thanks

Irene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Irene,

Which order did you install them - was iHistorian installed first followed by the UDS? Did you receive any UDS installation issues, since the class not registered error sometimes means that when the ihistorian3uds.dll file in the system32 directory did not register properly.

If I'm not mistaken the iHistorian3 UDS is also not compatible with the 3.1 version of Proficy since they keep changing their api. The upcoming versions of the UDS will support late binding for iHistorian so that there is no need to have version specific compiles.

Is this a demo system or production - can you roll back to iHistorian version 3.0 for the short term?

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Jeremy.

I did install iHistorian followed by UDS but received no installation errors/issues.

The historian that I am using is a production version and was installed afresh. So the question of rolling back is knocked :(:(.

I see that GEFanuc is issuing ihistorian 3.1 for free downloads now. Is there a link/site where 3.0 is available (hoping for it to be available). Or what could be the other alternative. Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=4158371&messageID=3516351">This</a> is good info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

You are correct that the 2.5 UDS for iHistorian do not support iHistorian 3.1.

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos