cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is its manditory to know abap or java to work as XI consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai im kishore ... im working as R/3 basis admin ... i dont have any idea of abap or java but i want to learn XI ... is its manditory to know any programming lang to work on XI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started working with XI, and I have had to use Java on every interface I have created. I believe you can't be a consultant without almost being an expert at java. Or at least a language close to java.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Yes, u must know any programming language to work on XI. The reason i'm sayin this is bcoz it will help u to anlayze the process and design them without any flaw. Also , the ncessary of Java language is more added advantage. I won't say its mandatory, If you knew it then only u can learn XI more confidently. Bcoz Java is used in Mapping/Adapter module.So if you want to be strong in Mapping then Java is needed, not fully atleast the basic java is enough.

Its my point of view.

Best regards,

raj.

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go tru the thread blow,

Hope this helps.

-Prasad Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This topic is still a issue. Well not mandatory intially if you juz wanna learn, but as go deep yeah Java and Abap are extensivley being used as scenarios are becoming more complex. If you still in touch with programming quite well and good else have to do some catching up

Cheers

*RAJ*

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the below thread....today they discussed...about ur doubt..

also dont forget to see Robin shroeder's reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

<b>

im working as R/3 basis admin ... i dont have any idea of abap or java but i want to learn XI</b>

yes you can...

but if you have knowledge on either on of them...thats give to good start in XI

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

A basic level knowledge in programming would be mandatory for delivering successfully in real time interfaces ( both java and abap)

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not necessary. You can use most of the functionalities without developpin anything.