cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include default database JDBC driver in CLASSPATH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have SAP web application server 6.40 with Oracle 9i as WAS DB and we need to put content of Oracle JDBC Driver Library (default database of WAS) in CLASSPATH, but we can’t include native JDBC Driver. We would need to use the default database driver or resolve it by another form that we can’t see now.

How can we set up J2EE server for include in CLASSPATH default database JDBC Driver, in this case Oracle?

Where is located default database driver in SAP web application server?

Thanks

Rubén Álvarez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Brandelik's questions sound reasonable and you should first try to answer them. But in case you really need to do this, here is the info you asked for:

- The JDBC driver archives used by the J2EE Engine are located in the /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/jdbc.

- In order to change the server classpath you have to open the Config Tool (/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/configtool/configtool.bat or configtool.sh), go to cluster-data -> instance_ID<num> -> Servers General tab and also cluster-data -> instance_ID<num> -> server_ID<num> -> General tab, and edit the Classpath entries there.

Hope that helps!

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

Can you describe a little bit your business case?

Why can you not use the DataSource ?

When setting up the DataSource you specify the classpath to the corresponding drivers...

That should be enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandelik,

I have to use a third party library who implements internaly a Database connection via JDBC, in this case Oracle. This library use other classes from Oracle Connection Library but it can't find the DB classes.

I use the DataSource objects but before I need that this third party library can find DB Objects.

I have added as java library build path, compose it in a .sda and references library in J2EE projects and some other ones things but anything has work.

I suposed that my problem could be resolved adding library in the CLASSPATH environment variable but I can't add any library DB class to CLASSPATH because this is used for default database connection and make conflicts during server startup. For this reason, I have been looking for the placement of default database connection and then include it into CLASSPATH variable.

Is this posible?

Thanks

Ruben