cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requirements for netweaver-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

anybody could you please suggest me which operating system and hard ware requirements are suatable for installing netweaver-xi. i have the dvds based on maxdb non unicode.

thanks and regards,

krushi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the answer

krushi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krushi,

1. Windows server or advanced server with latest service patch.

2. IE 6.0 with latest service patch

3. Install Microsoft office and winzip, acrobat

4. Install JDK with version 1.4.2_03 or above with the corresponding JVM

5. Install the SAP GUI 6.20

6. Make sure that you have hard disk space of 10 GB in C drive and 50 GB in the installation drive.

7. Make sure the virtual memory is between 512 and 1594 or above for the installation drive.

8. Copy the dumps of following DVDs into the installation drive.

• Installation Master DVD

• Installation Export

• Additonal Components for SAP BW/SAP XI,SAP MI,SAP KW

• SAP Web As Java

9. Start the installation from the DVD dump Installation Master DVD.

10. When installing the ABAP Database the SID of the oracle default database should be different the ABAP database SID.

U can go through the Installtion Guides for Installing XI from http://service.sap.com/instguides (SR1 installation)

u can also refer to service.sap.com/platforms to see the available platform on which XI can be installed. ( Windows/linux/UNIX)

or you can even go through this weblog which clearly talks to you about XI installation

XI installation

In addition to this installation guide you also need to download the XI configuration guide which is very useful for technical configurations of various adapters and XI system.

At the same place you will also get the XI configuration guide e.g XI30ConfigGuideSPS11.pdf.

U can also download SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 SR1 Installtion Guide from the articles scetion.

In simple words regarding learning XI, there is an abundance of information on SDN and help.sap.com…. So I think it will be better for you to search information there rather than me just providing you links….which will just go on and on and on….so I felt it is better for you to go and search so that not only you get information on SAP XI but also explore SDN in its real sense.

regards,

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Go through this

Regards

Khanna

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at this thread to know abt the minimum req -