Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authority check custom tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

One easy question,

If I implement a custom Z tcode, it's necessary to do an authority check of my tcode at the beginning of the program or SAP does it automatically?

I.e. if the user haven't got permission to execute it, SAP doesn't permit to execute it without entering in the code?

Thnks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct, you don't <i>need</i> to check the tcode authorisation in your program.

The user will not be able to start the transaction if he has no s_tcode authorisation for it.

However : I always do the check anyway, because if the user has se38 of sa38 of a (i don't know the exact english term) 'reporting tree', he could still be able to run the <u>program</u> without having the transaction.

1 REPLY 1

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct, you don't <i>need</i> to check the tcode authorisation in your program.

The user will not be able to start the transaction if he has no s_tcode authorisation for it.

However : I always do the check anyway, because if the user has se38 of sa38 of a (i don't know the exact english term) 'reporting tree', he could still be able to run the <u>program</u> without having the transaction.