cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Package Stack contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am quite confused with the real composition of a Support PAckage Stack. Can you give me some simple overview of it? All I know is that when we upgrade support packs we upgrade the kernel, ABAP or JAVA. For ABAP and JAVA we also have to upgarde the kernel before the suuport pack. For ABAP upgrade, kernel first then the ABAP support pack which must be executed in sequence unlike JAVA which is cumulative. But what confuses me is that what does a Support Package Stack compose? Is it this?

Support Package Stack = JAVA + ABAP + Kernel

or

Support Package Stack = JAVA + kernel?

As we upgarde the Support Package Stack is it cumulative like JAva? or same as ABAP?

Can you give me some insights on this?

Thanks,

Jennah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate it.

Anyway, I have other issues regarding DI template installer because it is not successful? Any idea of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay so there is no single tool to apply a Support Package Stack as a whole. I have to do it manually for ABAp and Java. Can you give the documentation regarding this information. If there are any?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure !

Please download the document from :

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000419192007E.PDF

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. So you a mean then that a Support Package Stack is this..

Support Package Stack = kernel + ABAP + JAVA

Am I right?

Can I not import the Support package Stack using just one tool?

And to clarify, the difference between support package and support package stack is that the stack is a collection of all three?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennah ,

You can import Kernel + JAVA using JSPM but for ABAP you have to import using SPAM .

the difference between support package and support package stack is that the stack is a collection of all three?

1 ) Support package -> Single Package Basis 12 means you are udating Support PAck 12 for SAP_BASIS .

2 ) Stack 12 : Collection of all Support Package : SAP_ABA , SAP_BASIS ,SAP_BW,SAP_AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennah ,

Support Package Stack means collection of Support Pack ( ABAB + JAVA + Kernel)

For e.g. if you are upgrading Support Package stack 12 means , stack 12 contains all Support Pack 12 for( SAP_ABA , SAP_BASIS ,SAP_BW,SAP_AP )

as well as for JAVA it will cover Support Pack 12 for JAVA ( J2EE + CAF etc )

If you want to deploy SP12 on your system :

Download Support Package Stack 12 ( ABAP 12 , JAVA 12 & Latest Kernel )

Sequence to update System :

Update Kernel first

Update Support Pack ABAP one by one ( SP8,SP9....SP12) Using SPAM

You can update JAVA Directly to 12 using JSPM

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jennah,

Support Packs are collection of corrections,enhancements and additional functionality released by SAP. There is both ABAP and JAVA SP's.

Kernel is the set up executables which provides the runtime environment for SAP, it contatins lot of executables like sapstart, r3trans, tp, etc...

Best practice is to do an Kernel Upgrade before we do a support pack upgrade, However we can also do a SP upgrade without doing a kernel upgrade.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Christo