cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for securing user credentials in .net connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a .net smart client (windows forms) application that connects to SAP using the .net connector. I'm looking for some help on 2 topics.

1. What are my options for securing the user ID and password entered by the user when establishing the connectiong using .net connector? I see in a previous post that SNC is an option, but I wasn't able to find any "how to" documents on SDN. I'd like to learn about other options if they exist. The main requirement is that the UID and PWD entered in the Windows Forms application is secured when passed to the SAP system via the .net connector.

2. Are there any options for implementing SSO using Windows Integrated authentication when establishing a connection from a Windows Forms app to SAP using the .net connector.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Brian Vandehey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best option is indeed using SNC with the NTLM or Kerberos provider. This gives you a perfect SSO based on Windows logon and no password is transfered.

To achieve this you just make SSO running with SAPGUI as descibed in all ABAP-Application Server's Installation Guide (see http://service.sap.com/instguides) and OSS note 595341.

Once this is running, the use from NCo is a piece of cake: Just specifiy some settings in your destination:

dest.SNCMode = true

dest.SNCPartnerName = "SAPServiceCS2@nt5.sap-ag.de"

(the value is the principal name of the NT used that runs the SAP server).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Thank you for your advice on this. We will pursue the SNC option along with the NTLM provider for SSO.

Regards,

Brian Vandehey

Answers (0)