cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic mailing of sales order to Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My client is using version 4.6B and wants a solution to this problem.

When a sales order is created,there should be an option to mail the sales order,i.e soft copy of the sales order to the customer.

Also certain branches do not have SAP, but theyw ant to mail certain reports related to billing (ZReprts and standard reports) everyday to the branches via e-mail

How can this be accomplished?

Is it possible to achieve this in the above said version?if yes then how?

plz mail me at priyanka.mat@rediffmail.com

Can someone please advise.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka

If you want Simple solution without ABAP , I will suggest you following

We will divide it in two steps

1. Create PDF file of your report.

2. Mailing it to particular email address - This will be done manually , it will not pickup from customer master

1. Create PDF File

go to SPAD and define new output device ZPDF1, and select Device type PDF- if that is not visible you can implement note Note 317851 - Creating PDF format using the SAP spooler in 4.6C/4.6B/4.5B

Or there is other manual method, you can run report RSTXPDFT4 in SE38 and execute, give the spool number of your report and then give the path to save the report in PDF file in your desktop.

2. Email

in SPAD you have now defined ZPDF1, for that in HostSpoolAccMethod, check in Host Spool Access method M: Email to receiver owner is there if it is avaiable then save it

if it is not available execute report RSPO0075 in SE38 and activate access method 'M' by enabling check box for M. Then you can go to SPAD and edit your ZPDF1 Output device.

Now you are ready to use ZPDF1, run your report select Output device ZPDF1, your output will go to spool request , when you select it and click on printer icon, it will ask you for email address, just type it

But now your Email should have access to Internet

So in SCOT - i.e SAP Connect for define node in INT and define RFC Port (TCP/IP)for your Node in SM59, if you are not able to do it take help of BASIS

I think this settings will be enough.

if you have any issues you can write back

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jitesh,

In SPAD i cant see the option for creation of a new output device, althoought i chose output devices.

There it gives a lit of all existing output devices, on the same screen there is a create option to be seleted from the menu.But that is diabled, do u require abap authorisations to do the same.or is there any alternative way of creating an output device.

Thanks'

Priyanka

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka

when you click on Outputdevice, there in first menu if Output Device-Create is not available then ask Basis for authorization.

There is no other transaction or path which will help,

and if you have change rights you can use existing output device , which is not used.

Regards

Jitesh

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can maintain email address in cust master and maintain same in output master record-t.medium or you can also use communication strategy also

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the second option you can use Business Server Pages(BSP). The version you mentioned will suit going for BSP. It is nothing but a webinterface to your SAP system. Get in touch with your developer for the feasibility of this solution.

Thanks

Vishal

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Automatic mailing of sales orders is possible by the output determination functionality provided by SAP in SD.

You only need to go to tcode NACE select V1 and create an output for this application. Also you need to create a program for creating a document which can be send to customer. The useful tcodes for email output is SCOT where the email server related information can be set by the basis guy.

Regarding the second qn, where the reports need to be sent as email, workflow can be a possible solution, though I have only little of workflow.

Reward if this lead helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do u have detailed documentation for teh configuration of the same.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.