cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order processing for Blocked material

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My client is using version 4.6B and wants a solution to this problem.

If a material is dicontinued by the company(previously master record exists), then while entering the sales order the system should not allow to enter or process the blocked materail.

They ahve tried blocking the material, but at sales order level,the order can still be processed.they do not want to delete teh material as all records will be lost then.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi -

try material status:

spro - log general - material master - setting for key fields - data relevant for SD - define sales statuses

here you can define material status for SD and also system response when entring sales documents.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Priyanka

The question is very interesting.

But jitesh has already come out with the solution.

Jus maintain the status in the x distribution chain specific status,then it will give an error/warnin message.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

My mistake guys...i was looking at the field above the one meant for SD.

My sincere appologies to everyone...i was not being attentive.

Thanks Jitesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know about this functionality but have never used one...guys, can you tell me what exactly to configure in Material status,that should block that particular material sales during order creation.What i am getting is Blocked for Costing,Blocked for Purchasing,Obsolete Materials etc..in obsolete materials every field in that has been marked as <b>B</b> i.e. Error Message which is self explanatory that the moment i will save them, at the time of procurement it will give a error message & things like that.

In the material Master record you are maintaining the material status in X plant field in Sales Org 1 view

Can anyone suggest for Sales point of view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priyanka,

Listimng/Exclusion is not going to work here and it is going to be too tedious. One better workaround is to use the fileds X dist chain status & Dist chain specific status which are solely for discontinued mtrls or mtrls under devlopment

Cheers

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

And yes u will find this field in Saoles org 1

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dist Chain spec staus = 01 will block this mtrl from being entered in quoationa as well as order.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot vishal, but i know about that X-Dist chain status.

But in the sales order, it is giving me only a warning message not an error,

Is there any config required from SD side or MM side?

If yes then where do i need to do so?

Thanks,

Priyanka

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka

As Berit Said, you can do that in Customization at

Logistics - General->Material Master->Settings for Key Fields->Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution->Define Sales Statuses

Tcode : OVSU.

There all the blocks are available A is Warning and B is Error Message.

Block f.inquiry

Block f.quotat.

Block for order

Block prod.prop

Block sched.agr

BlckValContract

Block contract

Block f.returns

Free delivery

Block delivery

Block cred.memo

Block DebitMemo

Delivery block

You have to note one thing, eventhough this field is in Sales Org-1 it is in MARA Table, so it will effect all your sales Area.

I would suggest you to use MVKE-VMSTA Distribution-chain-specific material status

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i wanted to add has already been added by jitesh and berit

Thanks

Vishal

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use automstic material determination-when ever customer placed that material automatically it should replaced by new material

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

You can put these kind of materials in Materials exclusion list in SD. If you do that, then it wont allow the user to put these materials in sales document.

You can do material exclusion in the following path.

SPRO--SD-BASIC FUNCTIONS---LISTING/EXCLUSION

It follows the normal condition technique and you can create your access sequence as per the criteria you want.

Reward if this helps you to solve the problem.