Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Selection of IDOC Or BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have One Doubt on Choosing IDOC or BAPI

If We Have Scenario like File to R/3 .

Here I have the Standard IDOC And I have a Suitable BAPI also To Achieve this.

Then Which one I have to Select in both

Regards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ur scenario is async, go for idocs.

If its sync, go for RFCs

Use this

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

It will depends on the specific scenario that you are trying to develop..

IDoc is convenient for asynchronous scenarios i.e you simply send a message and there is no response required / expected.

for e.g. If you want to move vendor master data from one system to another, then IDoc is the best option.

However, there are other cases where you want immediate response to your request.

for e.g. you want to create a Purchase Order, then after giving necessary data in the request, you need the Purchase Order No. back. This is synchronous scenario. For such scenario, RFC/BAPI is suitable.

In performance, IDoc is generally better than RFC. Whereas, RFC is more suitable where response is required.

As far as XI is concerned, the pro's and con's of sync and async scenarios also apply here. i.e. Async messages are always persisted, but sync messages are not persisted (unless loggin is switched on) etc.

Regards,

Ramana Kumar. A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vamsi for your scenario File to R/3

you can go for file to Idoc scenario

below links will help u for this scenario , if stuck anywhere pls mail me , will solve

You can look at the following url (contains step by step approach):

http://www.saptechnical.com/articles/XI/XIMainPage.htm

Following blog is step by step of File to Idoc scenario

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping File to IDoc

For more information please find the belwo links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d4/0a43a124e8924ea890cf0855860db5/frameset.htm

For any File -> XI -> IDoc scenario ref:

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

Just have a look at this link:

Pls reward if useful

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

Please have a look at this weblog and decide :/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Best regards,

raj.