cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

action field in JDBC interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it mandatory to fill JDBC interface 'ACTION=' field. If it sent empty or not sent at all ten what would happen?

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xler,

<b>Is it mandatory to fill JDBC interface 'ACTION=' field</b>

Yes its mandatory...

It defines that the action its going to perform on the database, whether to

SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE...

regards,

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, but can one jdbc interface have more than one 'Action='.

2) more than one update

3) more than one procedure call.

Regards,

XIer

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

U can have any number of Updates/Inserts etc.. The only thing is u want to duplicate the Statement segment. Under one Statement u can have only one Action, but u can have multiple Statements.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yes,it will throw an error if you dont specify the <i>action</i> field,but if you use native SQL as the message protocol in CC,then since you dont need to have an XML structure hence in that case it should not matter what structure you have hence <i>action</i> field becomes redundant and can be avoided.

frankly speaking, i haven't worked with native SQL but logically it looks that <i>action</i> field will not throw an error in Native SQL

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahamad,

Even though if you are using <b>native-sql</b> string the action field is mandatory. In the action field you have to specify either SQL_DML etc....

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj

thanx for correcting me buddy:)basically we need to map the <i>action</i> tag to SQL_DML.

i got confused coz we dont necessarily need to have an XML structure for Native SQL,so i thought we can drop the<i> action</i> tag

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahamad,

I knew it bcoz in our integration for all the scenarios we are using only native-sql string. Even I liked it I can generate sql using UDF and generate it.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is mandatory because on database you will insert or select or update etc operations. So it is mandatory.

Regards,

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XIer,

Its Mandatory field. It will throw an error u can try. The Action field only decides which operation u are going to carry on ,on DB side.

Let me ask u onething tell me whether the below query works or not

• from Emp_table where Emp_no = '126376';

In the above statement SELECT is missing right? Similarly for query how the main statement is SELECT, UPDATE , etc.... , the ACTION stmt is necessary in JDBC call.

Best regards,

raj.