cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAU / SPDD transport during upgrade from R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently upgrading R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.0 SR2. During the DEV upgrade, we performed Dictionary Objects adjustments before ACT 7.00 and SPAU adjustments at the end of the upgrade. All the adjustments are collected in a transport.

I read in another thread that we will have to choose 'SELECT FOR TRANSPORT' button in SPAU and not release it. Then, continue with the upgrade. And in the same thread, it is also mentioned that DDIC object modifications should not be handled through transports.

Now, my question is, if I have collected the SPAU adjustments in a transport and continued with the upgrade without choosing the 'SELECT FOR TRANSPORT' button, can I do it after I complete the upgrade before I continue with QAS upgrade? Will the upgrade still automatically detect the transports and move them? And, my other question is, if DDIC modifications are not supposed to be dealt through transports, how else should they be worked upon?

Your response ASAP will be rewarded properly.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the Upgrade manul.Its clearly mentioned your questions

regards

Umesh K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved. Thanks Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

how u have resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh, thank you for your reference. In the meanwhile, Nick has pointed me to 68678. Even though I had gone through this note before, I couldn't apply this not e because, this note was refering to "R3up" which, I guess, is no more used. "SAPup" is the program currently in use. Also the location mentioned in the note to execute "R3up" is "//usr/sap/put/exe" but, "SAPup" is located under "//usr/sap/put/bin/". So, I am not sure if there is any new notes refering to this. One other question I have with regards to this note is, one of the arguments for the command R3up is, "REL". For SPDD, the note suggests to use target release. And for SPAU, the note suggest to use the release mentioned in the DDIC activation phase.

In my case, I am upgrading from 4.6D (kernel) to 700 (kernel). The DDIC activation shows ACT_700. So, I am sure I would use "700" as value for "REL" for SPDD. But, am I supposed to use "46D" for SPAU? or should I use "700"?

Thank you.

nick_fedorov
Explorer
0 Kudos

According to this note you should use "700" for SPDD and SPAU.

You should check that both of your requests listed in /usr/sap/trans/bin/umodauto.lst after performing this procedure.

Contents of this file should looks like:

SPDD 700 <SPDD Request>

SPAU 700 <SPAU Request>

Regards, Nick

nick_fedorov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Read SAP Note 68678 to find out how to export modification adjustment for 2nd upgrade if the button "Mark for transport" was not pressed.

Regards, Nick