cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing RFC (Async RFC to file)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can we test whether message has reached XI by triggering FM in Sender SAP system just by creating RFC destination in sender SAP and a communication channel in XI with RFC Sender Adapter?

I think, we cant right.

we tested FM in sender SAP but we get short dump error (TCode: ST 22 call_function_remote_error)in sender SAP.

so we just need to do all the steps as usually we do ,right?

is there any way we can test our Async RFC whether data reaching XI system/

thank you.

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>we tested FM in sender SAP but we get short dump error (TCode: ST 22 call_function_remote_error)in sender SAP.

i think it should be possible,you are getting the short dump in SAP most probably coz of some fault in ABAP code to trigger the FM.

if you dont do all the steps in XI system(like IR,ID etc),then you will see error in RWB or sxmb_moni(not in SAP system),but if you dont see any error in sender SAP system,that means the message is reachin XI properly

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

logically I thought ,only RFC destination and Communication channel(may be sender agreement) are required for message to reach from sender SAP to Xi once we trigger FM in sender SAP,but not sureif its possible in practical.

do you have any idea how can we see whether message reached xi or not,with monis?

thank you .

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if you are sending messages from R/3 to XI,then you can use SM58 in SAP system to monitor the messages in R/3,once they reach XI,they will show up on sxmb_moni or else you will get some error in RWB under adapter monitoring.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,Ahmad the error I got before was because of the wrong coding in the ABAP report that triggering FM from Sender SAP.

and one more thing ,we have to use COMMIT WORK in the report otherwise we get another error.It has happend to us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

we sent a message from sender SAP system using an ABAP report which trggers FM for that I have needed importing of FM into XI and sender RFC communication channel and sender agreement.after we are able to see atleast FM able to reach XI but in SXMB_MONI we are not able to see the inbound payload,what might be the reason?

and do I need to create Message interface using the imported FM as message type ?or can I use FM as the message interface for outbound(sender)

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved,I hav erecreated all configuration objects in ID and now its working fine and able to see the payload too in SXMB_MONI.

thank you all.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to release the RFC FM. Goto Function Module/Release/Release. This can avoid dump and reachs the XI.

Provide points if this helps.

Thanks,

Rama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babu..

Have you checked the RFC destination? This could be as basic as incorrect password for WF-BATCH.

Use SWU3 to test the RFC destination, then run the verification workflow and choose the "[...] in background" option. If this works, your RFC destination is OK.

refer this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f9/3f69fd11a80b4e93a5c9230bafc767/frameset.htm

regards,

vasanth