cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hummm...may I set flag u0093Valuated stocku0094 for an existing project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By means of an ABAP program I can always get into PROJ and PRPS and set a project/WBS element as “Valuated stock”.

But will it cause any problems? Or better putting the question, if I do it the way described below, is there any risk of having problems?

The way I plan to do it:

If it is a “No project stock” project, just set “Valuated stock” for the project definition and all its WBS elements.

If it is a “Non-valuated stock” project , check if none of its WBS elements has or have had (non-valuated) project stock. If none of its WBS elements have had project stock, it can be changed as if it was a “No project stock”, as above.

Question: are these assumptions correct?

Another question: I have no idea on how to check if a WBS element has or had project stock ...

Well, greetings from Brazil to all of you.

Vargas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vargas,

Please never do such changs, it is an extrem danger and can cause unrepairable inconsistency.

Just as background information,

A consultants group was set up to enable this switch two years ago, enough working days (more than double digits) are commited, but the project was finished without success. It could works fine in best\simple case, but the situation can be complicated as assumed.

The best way in such case is to cancel the old project and create new one.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

The first idea was to create a new project, however in some SAP support messages is written:

follows by Germany:

unfortunately I have to tell you that in standard functionality, the

project stock indicator cannot be changed once the project is created.

So, be aware that you'll need to make a choice here BEFORE the creation

of the project.

However, if you do NOT have any account assignments directly to the

wbs element (i.e. purchase reqs, purchase orders, reservations,

components ect.) there should be no problem in changing the project

stock indicator by means of an ABAP, where there needs to be a change of

the project stock indicator in both PROJ and PRPS.

If there are account assignments directly to the WBS-elements and

project stocks are generated already, then we suggest to carry out the

project unchanged.

This is an official SAP answer, which has been read by the customer, who now wants to do it!

What I am trying to find out, is under which criteria (the best/simple cases you mentioned for example) I could change it, without causing unrepairable inconsistencies.

Vargas

PS: Did this consultants group produce any document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Changing the fields in production is always a risky business. But then as mentioned in the SAP document if you do not have any account assignment it should not affect the project. I ran a preliminary analysis to check the dependencies of that field and found it has links to the version table along with the sales tables obviously.

What I advise you to do is test the same in a development environment. Create test projects corresponding to all the current scenarios followed in your organization, change the project stock and test it in detail. That's the best way to go about this.

Regards

Ren

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vargas,

If someone forced me to give a solution of the requiremenet, I would give the same answer as you copied from the SAP support message. I can not give more better suggestion from the technical view.

But to be honest, I think, the best is really to create new project instead of the change in the database. Otherwise who should take the repair effort, if there are some inconsistency found later?

P.S: there is unfortuenately no document of the canceled project avaiable.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (0)