cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter module Transform.Class error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a sender jdbc adapter which is calling the xslt transform class with no errors but its obvious that the xsl is not being invoked as my xml is not transformed, but I don't see any error in the audit log. When I purposely use a non existent file path/file name in XSLTConversion.XSLTFileName I expect to get an error in the message monitor audit log but I do not. Neither default.trace or xi.*.log provide any errors regarding the xslt transformation in the adapter module. The audit log actually indicates: "Transform: successfully transformed" Below is my adapter module configuration. Can anyone point me to a log file that might contain adapter module errors or notice any problem with this module config?

localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean, Local, XSLT

CallSapAdapter, Local, call_AF_MS

XSLT, Transform.class, com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.XSLTConversion

XSLT, XSLTConversion.XSLTFileName, /usr/sap/XIS/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/tmgxsls/GL_split.xsl

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XSLT_TOOL is a SAP Transaction Code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've not used this transaction before, I'll give it a shot. I have confirmed my xsl does work with the payload supplied when tested with CookTop, an xsl development tool. If my xsl was not working I would expect an output with no data, empty tags, or some other xml, not an xml message that looks like my source data. Do you know if XI's parser is xsl 2.0?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think xsl parsers is xsl 1.0. It do not support xsl 2.0.

I have read this somewher...

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct, as mentioned in another forum, the SAP XML Toolkit for java uses an xsl 1.0 parser. I either have to revert to xsl 1.0 functionality or deploy an external 2.0 parser such as Saxon8.

Thanks for the input.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those interested...

This error situation was caused by spelling module configuration parameter Transform.Class as Transform.class. This caused the XSLT class to not be called. Once this was corrected my XSL 2.0 sylesheet was processed successfully. We are using PI NW04S SP12 and apparently it will load XSL 2.0 and is familiar with the new xsl 2.0 functions such as tokenize() and xsl:result-document.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for correct spelling:

localejbs/AF_modules/MessageTransformBean

Check the parameters for trailing spaces:

'com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.XSLTConversion_'

Check the path:

Windows: C:\...

Unix: /usr/...

and

Check the adit log of the message monitoring in the RWB for entries according to the module....

Trc or trace files on visual administrator is the closest answer from my part.

please refer,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

regards,

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I've checked my spelling and ensured there are no leading or trailing spaces. I checked the various logs for errors: audit log, default.trace, application.log, xi.log and did not see any error that is related to my xslt. Do you know if the adapter module xslt conversion class is available for the jdbc adapter? I thought it was for all adapters within the adapter framework.

Thanks,

Dave

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check, if the MessageTransformBean is the first on the module chain.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check whether your xslt is working fine / giving expected output. You can check that by using XSLT_TOOL.

While testing you have to provide input payload as a file data and you can see output after execution.

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have MessageTransformBean as my first step and CallSapAdapter as my second step in the module chain.