Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client import taking long time urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear support,

We are performing client Export / Import activity from QAS to DEV ,

Client export on QAS system took 1.5 Hr .

QAS :

Total database size is 168 GB,total client size is 84 GB , size of the export file created is 14 GB.Profile selected was SAP_ALL

We copied these files to DEV and now we have run Import of these requests from STMS.Initially it gave error as transaction log got full , but now we restarted system and we have given more than enough space at OS level.

We have started this import activity again through STMS.

Initially there was spce occupied at OS level for transaction logs but after 12 Hrs no space getting reduced at OS level, STMS showing request import running,

no transport logs getting updated,

Since 22 Hrs now status is same.

Could anybody let us know how we can crosscheck activity happening or not?

Please let me know at earliest as this system is close for our customer side from long time now.

Best Regards,

AjitR

<u></u>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, check if an R3trans/tp process is still running. If no, then your import stopped.

Check the logfiles of the import (/usr/sap/trans/log and /usr/sap/trans/tmp), check, if you got any dumps in the system and also check the syslog.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both processes are running at OS level

And which logs exactly i should check as Slog , Alog doesnt show any errors now

whic logs in tmp ?

No dumps at all and Sm21 not showing anything interesting

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the logfile with the name of the transport.

Sort them by date and check the latest ones, same goes for /usr/sap/trans/tmp

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for information , i think as per logs you suggested everything working fine, logs are updated with latest time and some import of tables showing in logs.

Is there anyway to find how much time it is going to take from now.

As more than 24 Hrs passed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear it´s still working

Import speed depends on many things, it´s almost impossible to estimate how long it will take... unfortunately...

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

interesting thing is client export activity took only 1.5 Hrs and Import is taking more than 26 Hrs,

One more update, initially transaction logs was getting occupied and now actual database size is increasing by huge amount.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you importing in a new copied client or do you import in a client, that already contains data?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No client does not contain data , its newly copied client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to imterrupt you Markus within this message , but could you please confirm my question subjected " System copy for ECC 6.0 system no j2ee process under MMC "under sap on oracle thread.

As i need to find step by step solution for the same problem and submit to all my customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Markus , import completed successfully.

29 Hrs for 80 GB data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks i am closing this message/