cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating the no. of CVCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 15 products and each have about 10 SKUs. There are 4 Plants and 12 DCs. Can I calculate the number of CVCs I may have? Is there any other information that is needed to calculate potentially how many CVCs we would be having?

I appreciate any links.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

CVCs would be unique combinations and based on relations of the char to each other

you can consider combination groups and work out the relations

lets say there are 15 products and each have 10 SKUs you sure have 150 combinations there

now your 4 plants and 12 Dcs- are all 4 plants going to have a relation to 12 dcs? if so you have 48 there

else if, as an extreme example, say 1 plant supplies to 3 each and then you have 12 combinations only

Again assuming each Plant-DC combination has all Product-SKU combination, then your CVCs are 48*150 = 7200

but if you now take the 12 Plant-Dc combination then we have only 1800

You can try simulating the number of combinations with MS access

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

With the numbers that you give us, the greatest number of cvc's that you can obtain, if you use all of them as a characteristics, is 15x10x4x12= 7200

The only way that i know to approximately calculate the number of CVC's is knowing all the characteristics that you are going to use and the possible values of each.

If you want to reduce the number of CVC's, check if some characteristics have relations n:1, if so, you can use this characteristic as a navigational attribute.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the CVCs are already setup, you can always go to /n/sapapo/mc62 (go to display Char combination and click on No. of combination.

If you are about to setup CVCs it will depend on the different characteristics that are setup. In your situation, the total CVCs will be limited by the product of number of different char values. It may be less than that number as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

can you explain this a little more? Do you mean to say that I need to findout all the characteristics we use in the POS? We don't have so detailed information at this time. Is there any where in the help.sap.com or somewhere we have more information?

Thanks.