Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative value Forecasting in DP

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a business requirement to be able to forecast negative values. I am trying to enable negative values on forecasts while running all kinds of forecast models. However somehow when the forecast models are run online/batch, the negative values are zeroed out giving the messages on the message tab. We do not have any default macro that zeroes out the negative value. Please let me know if there is anyway of enabling the negative forecast quantity generation. We are on APO DP 4.1

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I'm working with SCM 5.0, but may be these two things can work here.

First, check in your planning area Tcode /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN if your key figure is enabled to containt negative values.

Second, when you run in background, check your activity Tcode /SAPAPO/MC8T here you have a button who says Select Messages, here you have to select message 402 Forecast values will be negative.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most Forecast models make the forecasts zero if it sees negatives

It could also zero out if your KF are not set to take negative (am not sure this is a feature in 4.1 though)

Trend models normally take negative forecasts

Are you able to see negative forecasts when running it online? or Is this only when running it in the background?

Just disable the macros and run the forecasts anyhow just in case some SAP supplied macro you are using is doing this

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since I am manually able to enter negative values, I dont think there is a key figure definition issue here.

When I run trend forecasts online or in background (using the message 402 option), I dont get negative numbers at all. I have made the history a straightline trending down for being able to get negative forecasts.

I am on 4.1, and trend models are zeroing out when it should give negative values.

The macros are disabled as well.

Is there anything else one can do?