cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workaround for building menus in web dynpro. any comments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a big problem to rebuild a given layout. OK, I know, rebuilding a given layout through the last pixel is not what web dynpro is designed for, but I need to do it (btw: I only use the HTML client, mobile things and stuff like that ist not important to me). So the requirement is the following:

the application must have a menu bar. As far as I know, this is not possible with WD. But the corporate styleguide says it MUST have a menu bar. The only possible solution I see is to do the menu with some custom HTML coding in JSP or something like that and display it in an iFrame UI Element. So my questions are:

1. is there any better solution?

2. how to transfer action events between the iFrame with the menu and the rest of the wd application? Is it possible with portal events? is there a possibility to do this when not running in portal?

many thanks for your replies,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well for menu options you could try out the Tray ui element. You can add a menu like structure to that but it wont be like the traditional menu. You can check that out and see if you can design it accordingly. If you want to still go with iFrame then it may not be a suggested approach.

There was this post on Menu items in which Armin had suggested a similar approach. See if that helps too.

Here is the link

regards

ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bad news: there is really no better option with currently released NW.

Good news: Next version will support MenuBar & pop-up menu on some elements. Who knows, probably NW team will release it quicker then your project dead-line.

Theoretically, it should be possible using portal eventing. It is practically impossible for non-portal scenario: you have to hardcode WD post-back somehow and this is completely undocumented.

VS