cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3trans cannot load dboraslib libraries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have being looking for a solution on this problem but so far haven´t found anything that helps me out.

We are upgrading R3 from 4.5B to ERP 2005 SR2 so we needed to upgrade first OS to windows 2003 enterprise server and Oracle from 8.1.7 to 10g. This DB upgrade is done in two steps, first we go to 9.2.0.2 and after that we upgrade to 10.2.0.2 that is only supported for SAP upgrade purposes

DES and QAS systems worked fine using this approach after using kernel 4.5B ext and the last versions of dboraslib.dll and R3trans for the OS-DB combination.

In PRD is a totally different story, we upgraded the DB up to 9i with no problems at all (as in the first two systems) but then, after following the SAP 10g upgrade guide as we did before the system did not came up. The error, DB connection could not be stablished. So I tried the R3trans -x command but it only shows this:

4 ETW000 r3trans version 6.05 (release 45B - 21.03.07 - 11:35:00).

4 ETW000 ===============================================

4 ETW000

4 ETW000 control file:

4 ETW000 R3trans was called as follows: r3trans -d

4 ETW000 date&time : 22.07.2007 - 19:24:46

4 ETW000 trace at level 2 opened for a given file pointer

4 ETW000 Sun Jul 22 19:24:46 2007 0.000000

4 ETW000 Loading library 'dboraslib.dll' ...

4 ETW000 0.000000

4 ETW000 DlLoadLib: LoadLibrary dboraslib.dll, Error: 126

4 ETW000 765 0.000765

4 ETW000 *** ERROR => Couldn't load library 'dboraslib.dll'

4 ETW000 35 0.000800

2EETW169 no connect possible: "connect failed with DBLI_RC_LOAD_LIB_FAILED."

I have being looking for notes, over the net, triple checked enviroment variables but nothing seems to work, then I tried something different, I copied dboraslib.dll used for kernel 7 and paste it over the 4.5B ext kernel and then R3trans is able to load the libraries but off course, it shows and error about the kernel version.

This last test make me thing that there is no problem at the enviroment level but the dboraslib.dll we are using was downloaded from marketplace and it is supposed to be the last one and it should work fine with Oracle 10g.

What are your thoughts about this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 556232 - Environment settings for R/3/Oracle on Windows

Please check the above note

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer

I have already checked enviroment variables against this note but everything looks OK, in fact I checked against DEV and QAS systems that worked fine and everything is in the same way

Do you know about any other tool different than r3trans to make the test because it just states that it cannot load libraries but i look for it in the correct drive.

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the problem is not the environment - you need correct dboraslib.dll and matching Oracle client library (oci*.dll included on Oracle Instant Client)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great ,,, I´ll try that, this is what I thought about one wrong dll file. Thanks for your help I´ll be trying tomorrow to see what happens and will update the post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I´ve just found something interesting,,, the oci.dll in the problematic computer is in oracle_home in and also under winntsystem32 and in the two other servers it is not in the winntsystem32 directory.

The only difference is that the two I mention are in 10g already and the problematic is in 9i so I will install 9i in a different system to be sure this file is copied by the oracle installer or not.

My thoughts are that the dboraslib.dll is trying to load oci.dll but is getting it first from winntsystem32 and it is an old version.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Note 520233 - NT: Error due to incorrect oci.dll/ociw32.dll versions:

[...]

Check the following to exclude a problem with the oci.dll or ociw32.dll files or to correct the problem:

1. Check which directories on the system contain versions of the two DLLs. The files should only be located in the %ORACLE_HOME%\bin directory. If there are versions of the files in other directories (for example, C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32), rename the files.

[...]

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks for the note,,, I won´t have to install 9i now because that note explains that oci.dll files should only be in ORACLE_HOMEBIN directory even in oracle 8i

I have a doubt now about why dboraslib.dll for kernel 7 loaded and the one for kernel 4.5B did not... is it probably because the newer dboraslib.dll looks for the file directly or have it in the code??

Don´t know about this but looks to me that it is very different to the older dboraslib.dll

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kernel 7.00 uses the instantclient of Oracle 10, lower kernels use the Oracle 9 client.

The only supported client to connect a system lower than 7.00 to an Oracle 10g database is using at least Oracle client 9.2.0.7.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,,, Let me clarify this, Markus states that kernel 4.5B should be using 9i Client for connection but during the oracle upgrade from 9i to 10g the manual instructs to uninstall 9i from the machine. After that, 4.5B worked fine on top of 10g and the oci.dll file used was from 10g. Is this possible?? Now I´m confused because I did this in two different machines and it worked, in fact, we wrote to SAP and they assure that 10g can work with 4.5B EXT kernel for weeks in productive mode without troubles.

QAS server worked fine using 4.5B EXT kernel and 10.2.0.2 oracle and after we try to do productive work on it, we upgraded the server.

Seems that probably the new dboraslib.dll on 4.5B EXT kernel is able to work with 10g clients What do you think about?

Thanks for all your help,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wanted to cross-check that with a note I had in mind - but the notes search is defective (http://service.sap.com/notes --> search for "oracle" and no note comes up).

What I said is true for Unix platforms, I just can't find the respective note I was looking for

If you use SM51 in your system, do you see Oracle 10.2.. listed there?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus, right now we have 9i and 4.5B but tomorrow when I get the upgrade working (hopefully) I´ll check and see what it shows.. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to tell you guys that this problem is solved thanks to your cooperation, I really appreciate all the comments posted here and already awarded points to you.

The OCI.dll file located at the wrong place was the problem, everything is now working find, at least at the point that SAP told us because some transactions like the ST04 dealing with database info is not working because 10g is not completly supported for 4.5B.

Markus, as you mentioned the SM51 only shows up to 9.2 but the oci.dll file used is the one that comes with the 10g installation so your appreciations about the client where partly correct but as stated before, I assured the oci.dll file working now is the 10g so SAP is using this client and not the one that was installed with 9i. What I think is that SAP 4.5B kernel won´t report any higher version of database over 9.2 and that´s why it looks like the client is 9i.

Thanks again to all of you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see note <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/976979">976979</a> for details - you need special installation CD, Oracle 10 instant client etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer but this is not a new installation, I´m just upgrading from 9i to 10g on 4.5B EXT kernel. I already did this on two other machines DEV and QAS and the kernel I prepared worked fine but not here.

I´m trying to locate any other program that loads that library but that will gives me more detail on the error like " cannot find libraries" " dboraslib of wrong version" etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this note.

Note 556232 - Environment settings for R/3/Oracle on Windows

Thanks,

Tanuj