cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between Solman and EP 7.0 on Linux (ppc64) 2.6.16.21-0.8-ppc6

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to connect an EP 7.0 portal on Linux (ppc64) 2.6.16.21-0.8-ppc6. First the server did not appear in smsy, so i inserted it manually. Before i did the same with the system but althought it appears in dswp, before of installing the Diagnostics agent in the server, my EP system does not appear in http://server:port/smd.

Perhaps the server does not appear in smsy because the O.S of the EP server is Linux 2.6.X? This O.S. does not appear when you define a server in smsy.

Somebody knows which can be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your name resolution working? Can your solution manager system do

1. nslookup <server>

without an error?

What do you mean with "it does not appear in SMSY"?

SolMan (and SMD) are agnostic of the underlying hardware (at least they should )

--

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

i have done nslookup in my solution manager server to EP server and resolves the name ok:

looking up FILES

Trying DNS

Name: xxxxxx.xxxx.xx

Address: XX.XX.XX..XXX

When i say that "it does not appear in smsy" i mean that solution manager can't to recognized automatically this portal, but other portals are recognized with their instances, software...

Regards

Carlos

0 Kudos

Markus,

i noticed that in SMD the agent of the EP has as IP 127.0.0.2 (obviusly is wrong).

When you say "SolMan (and SMD) are agnostic of the underlying hardware (at least they should )" you mean that it doen't matter what kind of hardware have the satellite systems, don't you?

Thank you and Regards

Carlos

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes - exactly.

The agents themselves are java programs, they need a framework to start (jcontrol et al) which is operating system dependent - but the agent logic themselves are java objectcode.

--

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

i can see the EP 7.0 in SMD but i have a problem:

As you said me in your first reply i insert in /etc/hosts the host name and address of the EP server because although the nslookup runs ok.

But now the problem is that SMDAgent of the EP 7.0 in Agent Administration has as host address 127.0.0.2. This is wrong because since the server of solution manager has another address but in the EP portal server if i do a ping to itself with its host name has the address 127.0.0.2.

I think due to this when i execute the setup wizard of the agent in SMD it never finishes (it was taking more than 3500 seg. setting up)

What can i do? i can't change the ip address in SMD manually.

Thanks and regards

Carlos

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the /etc/hosts on your portal, it should contain

127.0.0.1 localhost

it´s NOT correct if you have an entry with 127.* pointing to the real name of the portal (such as 127.0.0.2).

If that is the case you will most likely need to comment that entry and restart your portal so that it has the correct IP of the interface you want to give to the outside (if the system has more than one network card).

--

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

your advise has solved the problem, now the agent is setuped and running properly. It has not necesary to restart the portal, only restarting the Agent it is running ok.

Thanks a lot for your help. You are a crack

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to hear it´s working

Thanks a lot for your help. You are a crack

lol - thank you - you´re welcome

--

Markus

Answers (0)