cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in raising an event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends

I have 2 iViews in a Page. The first iView consists of a variable for a query and the second iView is nested in a tabstrip. The second iView consists of 2 tabs with each consisting of a BW query. Both the queries share the same variable. So what I am doing here is passing the variable from the first iView to the second iView using a Signal. The variable in the first iView is connected to a Signal-out using an standard event EVT 1 and the second iView is connected to a Signal -in with both the Signals having the same name. Now, when I am trying to deploy the model, I am getting the error "EVT 1 is declared but cannot be raised".

Please help me with this.

Also, if I am having two iViews within a page then is it possible to view them on a same webpage after deploying

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1. Make sure you have a "submit"/evt1 event on the line connecting the forms.

2. Make sure that you have a submit button in your form with the action specified as "submit" evt1 in your case.

The second step is probably what you're missing.

Message was edited by:

Navneet Giria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet

I think you missed my point. Those are not forms but seperate iViews. I am trying to raise the event in one iView using a Signal-out and then capture that event in another form using Signal-in which I am not able to do.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

This is about your 1st question.

1) Create one more form with pushbutton on 1st iView.

2) Then assign "evt1" event to the same pushbutton as a custom action.

About 2nd question, after completion of the above steps it will work.

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

This is about your 1st question.

1) Create one more form with pushbutton on 1st iView.

2) Then assign "evt1" event to the same pushbutton as a custom action.

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try custom event on a button ?

On what control are you trying to raise this event ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jan

I got rid of the that error but now I have another issue. What I did is I am passing the varibale through an Signal-out from one iView to another. But When I am deploying the model, I can only see the variable form on the portal. Even though I enter the variable value and hit the Submit button, the other iView which captures this variable values doesn't shows up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to create a Page in EP and assign these iViews to the Page in EP design time. As Signal In and Signal Out names are same , you see the values passing .