cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WAS and external Webservice Problem: Node not described in Schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a problem with consuming an external webservice on the SAP WAS.

I get the following error in the WS Navigator of the WAS:

<i>XML Deserialization Error. Node [urn:de.albatros.rentenkonto][aufschubfrist] not described in Schema.</i>

In my WebDynpro Application it isnt working as well:

<i>Exception on execution of web service with operation 'getKunde' in interface 'KundeImpl'</i>

But in the Netweaver Developer Studio Web Services Checker Tool, it is working, so the Problem must be in the communication between WAS and webservice.

<b>This is the SOAP Response from the Axis Webservice:</b>

<soapenv:Body>

<getKundeResponse xmlns="urn:de.albatros.rentenkonto">

<getKundeReturn>

<vertraegePk>

<b><vertraegePk></b>

<aufschubfrist>12</aufschubfrist>...

<b>This is the WSDL from the Webservice:</b>

<wsdl:types>

<schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="urn:de.albatros.rentenkonto" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<element name="getKundeResponse">

<complexType>

<sequence>

<element name="getKundeReturn" type="impl:Kunde" />

</sequence>

</complexType>

</element>

<complexType name="Vertrag">

<sequence>

<element name="aufschubfrist" type="xsd:int" />

</sequence>

</complexType>

<complexType name="ArrayOfVertrag">

<sequence>

<element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" <b>name="item"</b> type="impl:Vertrag" />

</sequence>

</complexType>

<complexType name="Kunde">

<sequence>

<element name="vertraegePk" nillable="true" type="impl:ArrayOfVertrag" />

</sequence>

</complexType>

</schema>

</wsdl:types>

So we have an array of an array. I was thinking that the WSDL doesn't match the SOAP Response (see the bold parts). But both are automatically generated. Any thoughts/experiences are appreciated.

Kind regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member239282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cristoph,

when consuming a webservice from an external systems, problems are normally caused by the following:

- Invalid or missing configuration parameters in the communication channel configuration.

- Firewall/proxy and authorization problem.

- Message/interface structure not compatible with the published webservice interface.

- The webservice on the external system has errors.

When we consume a webservice of an external application, we must have the WSDL file.

To test the service, you can use a SOAP client tool. There are many on the internet. The one I use is soapUI from http://soapui.org, which is a free and open source desktop application for inspecting, invoking, developing, simulating/mocking and functional/load/compliance testing of web services over HTTP.

• if it helpful reward points are appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierluigi,

thanks for your reply. This tool is nice by the way.

But it doesnt help as we already successfully invoked the Webservice with a Client-Standalone Tool. (Netweaver Developer Studio Web Services Checker Tool)

To make it clear. Webservice is fine and giving correct answers to a local client, and it is working too when the response structure is simpler (when all arrays of the SOAP response are empty because of the backend data).

Therefore I also think that what you said with "<i>Message/interface structure not compatible with the published webservice interface</i>" is the problem here. (<b>WSDL and SOAP envelope from Axis WS are misread by SAP WAS</b>)

Now we try to simplify our Webservice (no arrays of arrays any more).

Maybe that helps.

Any comments are welcome.

Kind regards,

Christoph

former_member239282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christop,

it's good, please check the note 956443 , too, may be a problem corrected by a kernel patch.

br,

P.

Message was edited by:

Pierluigi Demaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierluigi,

our Webservice is deployed on an external Apache Axis Server. Note 956443 is for SAP WAS Web Services.

Thanks again,

Christoph