and Mapped the following fields to the target message type

MaterialNumber

MaterialType

IndustrySector

MaterialGroup

OrderUnit

NameWhoChanged

Please explain me the following

I want to know from where the data (from IDOC's segment ? / from Master data table ? / from message type?) will be transferred to Target File.

I need flow of data like when we activate the change list in ID. After that what happens in R3 part and XI part ?

I know IDOC is a data container. It contains segment and segment contain field. Field will have data. Then Idoc is a class and Idoc type is an instance and message type has what type of data is transferred in the IDOC type.

Can I give value to some of the fields of MATMAS05 at XSD level, if yes how ?

Thanks

srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Go thru this help to understand IDOc processing in IDOC adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

<i>

I want to know from where the data (from IDOC's segment ? / from Master data table ? / from message type?) will be transferred to Target File.</i>

>>>Idoc will be generated in the SAP system on some activities like Material Master creation etc, i.e data is sent from IDOC segment and corresponding fileds in the IDOC segment,

<i>Can I give value to some of the fields of MATMAS05 at XSD level, if yes how ?</i>

>>You can map any fields from the IDOC segment into Target Structure. probably not understood your question rite

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh and Krishna for you Replies.

Krishna,

I have imported IDOC from R/3 to XI. In IR, under Imported objects->IDOCs->I have MATMAS.MATMAS05.

If I click on that, on the right panel, I will have Display IDOC, in that I have structure/XSD/WSDL tab

I am selecting XSD tab. so here can I give values to the fields I am going to use for mapping ?

If my question looks silly, pardon me , I'm learning XI.

Thanks

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to follow the below scenario........

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually Idoc will be filled with values from SAP itself. In XI, you need to tranfer/transform that into Target structure. SO during runtime IDOC structure will be filled with all the values..

Don't change anything in XSD.

Everything you need to do in Mapping if you want to transform your message

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

In order to test Idoc-file scenario, you need to configure ALE Idoc Outbound parameters in SAP R3 systesm from which you are expecting data.

What you need to do is create Post, RFC Destination and Partner Profile as mentioned in the Blog.

Then you can go to transaction WE19 and process existing idoc of type MATMAS.MATMAS05.

If everything is set properly you can see your data in XI ( using transaction code : sxmb_moni)

When you import idoc in XI, it just an metadata of Idoc( i.e. structure format in which you are expecting data).

//Nilesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I am selecting XSD tab. so here can I give values to the fields I am going to use for mapping ?</i>

These r part of interface objects. Here u Do Not specify the value to be passed

For testing purpose, u may assign the values in Testing and test it there.

Otherwise remember that IR is just the design component. No actual data is specified in IR. It is just used for the design of the format of data to be passed. During runtime, XI will use IR for understanding the format of data passed.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas please find the answers below,

>>1.I want to know from where the data (from IDOC's segment ? / from Master data table ? / from message type?) will be transferred to Target File?

A) Its is the basic IDoc type (in ur case MATMAS05) which carries the actual data segments and XI will covert this data to a file.

>>2.Can I give value to some of the fields of MATMAS05 at XSD level, if yes how ?

What do you mean by XSD level? if you want to enter some values in IDoc segments you can do it by going to WE19 and give the Idoc number and enter the data you want into the segements.

Hope this helps.

-Prasad Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>>><i>2.Can I give value to some of the fields of MATMAS05 at XSD level, if yes how ?</i>

I think you cannot give the values at XSD level, XSD is a template or structure of how your data looks. Since it is from R/3 system, you can have your input of values in R/3 system while sending only.

Regards,

Ramesh P