cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Input field length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am on EP7.0 ERP05 NW04s and trying to restrict the length of an input field in an ESS Application ,what I want is to restrict the field to accept only 30 characters and also size of the Input field for display should also be adjusted as length 30....How can I accomplish this.?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply guys.

I can do that but the thing is that the inputfield is already mapped to a backend field and if I change it the new Integer context attribute ,the value entered by the user would not go to the backend..

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if its a mapped attribute then you can noway change the max length of the attribute here.

but you can do two things :

either you change the attribute max length where it is acctually

or

you take a local veriable of the same type and do whatever you want to do on that and finally copy it back to the mapped attribute. you can mapped your input field to the local attribute and set the max length of the local attribute also.

Regards

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Create a Simple Type..Set the Built-in Type as String..Set the maximum length over there.

Since ur backend type is also String,it will not create any problem with mapping.

regards

Sumit

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhash,

You can restrict the size of a input field from NWDS.

- Create a simple type in your dictionary, set its Fixed Length as 30.

- Change your input field type to the simple type.

- Set the input field width property in pixels, 185 px.

Hope this solution is working for you.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your context you should add a vallue attribute of the type Integer.

Define inside this variable the lenght of your inputfield and bind the variable to your inputfield.