cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJS - 20022 Cuold not start instance 'SCS01' of SAP system J2E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

during installation of SAP Web AS - J2EE System on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 3 (Central instance, central services instance, and database instance of the SAP Web AS J2EE system on a single host) I encountered the follwing problem.

In step 20 out of 23 (Install Temporary License) the installation process stops with error message:

<b>CJS-20022 Could not start instance 'SCS01' of SAP system J2E</b>

Where can I look for help on that issue. I searched the sdn for error code CJS - 20022, but no success at all. Please give me advice how to proceed.

Thank you in advance

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the Problem by myself. I found another error message in the linux shell which I had used to execute the sapinst binaries.

The shared memory pool size of the LINUX kernel is too small. You can configure it temporarily as user root with : <b>echo 1073741824 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax</b>.

After doing that in an other shell, I clicked on retry in the installation dialog and the installation continued.

Cheers

Martin

PS. For more information on that issue have a look at /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/05/31/my-experience-with-xi-installation-on-fedora-core-3-linux

Message was edited by: Martin Kellermann