cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone vs SAP Component Model Web Dynpro projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP recommends that standalone Web Dynpro projects be used only for tests or demonstration purposes.

We are starting a Web Dynpro project for the first time and are experiencing a few issues with setting up the SLD with the correct versions of the SAP supplied dependent DCs (SAP-JEE, etc).

In the meanwhile I want to continue developing so I though I could create my application as a standalone Web Dynpro project then later create a DC Web Dynpro project once the JDI issues are resolved and import the standalone in the DC project.

What are the possible risks or migration issues I may face in doing this? From what I read it seems rather easy and straightforward dispite SAP's recommendation.

Thanks for any info on the pitalls or issues that would make this strategy not worthwhile.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Dean,

read <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/c8204dd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm">Migrating Local Web Dynpro Projects to the NWDI</a> in SAP Online Help.

Regards, Bertram

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well migration from Simple Project (non-dc) to dc (development component) projects is pretty simple and you will not face any problem in that.

Infact in 7.0 onwards you will have action on the project node to convert it into dc project.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This is what I thought but I wanted to ask to be sure.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only concern i want to present is, if you don't use development components now.. you will not use re-usability via public parts. Hence the application you design now will have a bit more migration effort if you want to get full use of development component functionalites.e.g

You will all components now in one project. Later you might move them to different projects. There is no tool provided for such kind of migration and hence that is manual step and quite complex.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma