cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR-File deployment aborted - help please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can somebody please help me. I want to deploy the generated EAR-File of Web Module Project to the WAS and there is a error. This ist the detailed description of the log viewer:

06.07.2005 12:05:28 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Deploy Thread] ERROR: 
com.datamigration.wsa.clientEar.ear -> Deployment aborted 
DEPLOYMENT ...
 ==> SDM host : DMSAPEP
 ==> SDM port : 50018
 ==> URL : file:/C:/DOKUME~1/ADMINI~1.DMD/LOKALE~1/Temp/temp36505com.datamigration.wsa.clientEar.ear
 ... ABORTED 
 Aborted: development component 'com.datamigration.wsa.clientEar'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2005.07.06.12.04.53':
Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy API:
com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Cannot update archive file wsa-client.warnull. Reason: {1}
 (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).DMEXC)

Can somebody tell me the problem, or how can i look for it? Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have found a difference between my two projects. In my project that is deploying are the class-Files in the folder WEB-INF/classes and the project which ist not deploying there are no class-files in this folder.

How can a tell the project to write the class-files in this folder.

Perhaps, anybody knows this. This would perhaps corrects the mistake because there stands something with war-file is null.

Please help me.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the deployment still doesn't run. I have created the web-module project new, but this doesn't help.

Does anybody know a solution and can help me.

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Do one thing.

Make one simple web module project with static html page.

Add this Web module project in your Application project and deploy it.

Whether its working correctly or not.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

i have try this before. If i have a simple web module project it runs. It looked at the war-file like i wrote in my last post and there are no class-files in the folder WEB-INF/classes.

In all other projects are .class-Files in this folder. How can i tell the project to take this files in the war-file??

Regards, Stefan

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You can check the whole exception stack trace in the defaultTrace.trc file in /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/cluster/server<N>/log. It should give more info about the problem.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, thanks for the help.

In the log folder is no new entry from today.

There is no new defaultTrace.trc file and the old files are not updated today. I think that the deployment stops before the trace.

Perhaps you know where a problem can appear before.

Thanks. Regards,

Stefan

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Anyway, I'd suggest you to look in the trace file and search for the message "Cannot update archive file wsa-client.war". Sometimes the date of the file isn't changed although it might have been modified. It's almost impossible to tell what's the problem without the detailed info about it.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Do one thing. Rebuild your EAR file and deploy on the server once again.

If you have already deployed on server then remove this application from the server using visual administrator->services->deploy.

Then deploy once again on the server.

If same problem continues then delete EAR file manually from the Project folder and then rebuild EAR and deploy on the server.

Let me know status.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

thanks for your first help, but it doesn't work.

I have often deployed the EAR-File in different options. I build the war-File new and i already deleted the ear from the project.

The problem is that until now the project never appeared in the root folder of the web application server.

I have already the same project and with this the deployment is no problem. Perhaps you know something. Thanks.

Regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Have you tried by restarting the Web application server?

If no then do it.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

i have restarted the WAS, but it doesn't help.

There is the same problem as before restarting.

What else can i do? Or what could be the problem.

Regards,

Stefan