cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Question - Part 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a scenario in which I am trying to send an XML file (which is placed on our UNIX system, in a specific directory) to the Integration Engine and then have it mapped back into the R/3 system using an RFC which our development team has created. I have set up the scenario in the Integration Directory, and have the mapping completed in the Integration Repository.

I'm just curious to know if anyone has done this and <b>can provide an example</b> of their scenario.

Also, at this point, I have placed the file in the directory, which I have specificed in my File Adapter configuration, but I do not see messages in the RWB or SXMB_MONI. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

Thanks so much for your help! I do appreciate it.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

the file that you have put in the directory is consumed from XI? The file should be deleted from XI after processing.

(Provide me points please! Thanks!)

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for your response. There lies my problem. I have activated the file adapter, but I do not see the file doing anything on the UNIX side or the XI side. I would expect to see some type of message on the XI RWB Message Monitoring or perhaps an entry or two in SXMB_MONI...

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

John

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you activated your scenarios?

Also, which value did you give in file adapter pooling interval?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Yes, the scenario has been activated. The polling interval value is set to 60 seconds. Also, here are the other values set under "Processing parameters"

Quality of service: Exactly Once

Poll Interval (secs): 60

Poll Interval (msecs):

Retry Interval (secs):

Processing Mode: Test

File Type: Binary

Thanks for your help!

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Also, at this point, I have placed the file in the directory, which I have specificed in my File Adapter configuration, but I do not see messages in the RWB or SXMB_MONI. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

is your file is being picked up?

did you chckd the file adapter?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

in the "Source Directory" in your sender channel you have to control the escape characters. Unix server use the "/" character instead of "\". I'm sure that the directory that you have specified is wrong or is not mapped from UNIX file system NFS.

(Give me points if my answer is helpful, please!)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele (and others),

The scenario has been activitated. Here is the current structure of my source directory:

/users/sap_i_files/le/vdws/tqcii_in/

If I understand you correctly, it should be:

\users\sap_i_files\le\vdws\tqcii_in\

Can you confirm for me this could be correct? If so, this may be the source of my problem. But should I not be seeing some type of error in the message monitoring of RWB?

Thanks so much! You guys are awesome!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duncan,

You specify your file directory as /users/sap_i_files/le/vdws/tqcii_in

Also put delete in your source file communication channel. Once when you do this activate and retest it. Please check for any errors please see the sender communicaiton channel in adapter monitoring.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you please provide me more details when you say "put delete in your source file communication channel"?

The directory is specified, as you have it below. I made a small change and activated the scenario again...

Thanks for all of your help!

John

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

satish's sugestion is regarding the process mode.

But before you use delete mode, check the communication channel status.

Go to the communication channel monitoring tool (RWB, Component Monitoring, Adapter Engine) and check it out.

For the CCM: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/2a1a8620323f0ee10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I think satish meant... in sender comm channel.

Processing Mode - delete

if you have this option, after successfully completing processing of the file in the adapter engines, the file will be deleted from the source directory.

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks. I have made this change as you and Satish suggested. I had simply overlooked it earlier.

I believe the problem lies with the fact that my adapter engine is showing up as red in the RWB under Component Monitoring. Also, the CC are showing up as Red as well.

Thanks for your help again!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duncan,

Go to RWB>component monitoring>Display-->Adapter engine --> communication channel monitoring and then give your communicaiton channel name and then click on use filter. Tell us what error you are getting?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i had worked on the same scenario to learn the XI in the start.

first of all make sure the file is picked... if it is not picked check the FTP parameters ....

also, it is better to keep the processing mode as delete or archive so that u can see the file dissappearing from the directory.

if u accomplish this, u r sure to see the messages/error in the moni and RWB monitoring..

and then, we can go ahead wit the other issues if any..

Raghu

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

as for the Adapter Engine, which erros are you getting?

And for the CC, which error messages appear in the log?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I now see the messages in the RWB Monitoring, as it was a simple authorization issue. Now I must tackle the issue of the file not going to the R/3 system. However, you all have helped me out tremendously, and I appreciate the help.

Regards,

John