cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SID Rename of a PI/SLD/DI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone performed a system copy+SID rename of a NW2004S system with PI/SLD/DI on it? Is this possible? It seems like there would be a significant amount of configuration with the SID name embedded in it and practically everything would have to be reconfigured after the copy. This is a prototype system/sandbox which has been asked to be renamed. I'm wondering if it would be faster to perform a new install as there hasn't been significant development on this box.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

I will tell you the simple steps

1.Create an export CD of the parent SID

2.Perform the normal system copy procedure.You can change the SID

3.The catch is once systemcopy is done you have to check few things:

a.Go to configtool----securestore and check if the details of new SID is updated if not change it.

b.Cross check the SLD most of the times the SLD points towards older SID,you have to correct it.

c.Check instanceprofile as well as other profile parameters,see if the details of new SID is updated.

If you have any problem feel free to ask.Its a simple stuff and you will be able to do it.

Reward suitable points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. Would it be necessary to do the export or could we just perform a redirected restore using the standard database backup/restore tools? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

There are methods to change the SID without doing a system copy but i am afarid its not recommended.Personally i feel systemcopy is the easiest approach.Otherwise there can be problems.

Its now ur call which appraoch u go for