Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of MDM Tcodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need the following.

1- Can anyone give me the list of transactions (Tcodes) required in MDM (Master data management.

2- Also, I would appreciate if you anyone can give me the MDM related Tcodes from SAP Basis perspective.

3- I would like to know what are the tasks of a SAP Basis consultant in MDM area?

Points to be rewarded for any kind of short help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Here is couple of T-code used for MDM, But used in other SAP system for Integrating with MDM and pushing data to Xi which in turn integrates MDM.

<b>MDMAPIC</b> is the Tcode to configure ABAP API for MDM

<b>MDM_CLNT_EXTR</b> is generic T-code to distribute data from SAP R/3.

hope this helps,

sanjay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

I still have few more queries.

1- Are there any specific (system maintenance) background jobs that need to be scheduled in MDM on daily, weekly, monthly schedule?

2- If there are, then are the MDM background jobs scheduled with SM37?

3- Does MDM have process chains?

4- Can we archive the MDM data?

5- What is the process of transfering data from MDM to XI and to ECC & vice-versa ?

6- What are the steps performed in realization phase, regression testing, pre go-live phases in a MDM implementation?

7- What are initial mandatory and optional tasks performed after a successful MDM installation?

7b- What are the important post-install tasks after a MDM install?

8- What is the difference between MDM-SRM catalog and a seperate SRM CCN Catalog?

8b- How is the MDM-SRM Catalog maintained?

i.e. Are there Tcodes to maintain them?

9- How do we monitor and performance tune MDM system ?

10- Can be integrate BI, XI, SRM systems into a central MDM?

10b- If integration of the above components is possible, then how is it done?

11- Can we store MDM information in SLD (system landscape directory)?

12- How are the MDM patches installed i.e (through SPAM or SDM or JSPM)

12b- How are MDM frontend patches installed?

13- Is MDM installations possible on all the Unix flavours i.e. Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX etc.

14- What is the role that needs to be assigned to a super MDM administrator?

15- What are the steps to migrate/ upgrade MDM database and repositories?

16- What are the steps to configure MDM Console, Import Manager, Data Manager and Syndicator.

17- Any documents, URLs for the above MDM related info are most welcome.

Kindly email the same to me id: aleemae@gmail.com

18- Can we integrate MDM with solution manager?

18b- Can we configure MDM alerts in CCMS i.e RZ20?

19- Is there a way to generate a MDM pre-defined content.

20- What would it take to implement Central Master Data Management using MDM with a single ECC 6 instance or XI or SRM or BI systems?

21- What are the parameters that need to be considered while planning or sizing a MDM system?

Points to be rewarded for any kind of help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any answers for my above queries. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

In MDM there are no Tcodes as we use in SAP R/3.

Basis related stuff is to maintain console which has repoaitories and Role and authorization (user and assignment of Roles to user)

MDM has four main component

Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator.

Hope this will clarify your doubt about Tcodes in MDM.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have few more queries.

1- From Basis perspective, if there are no Tcodes in MDM, then, I am wondering, as to how are the respositories and console maintained?

2- How are the roles and authoriations assigned to MDM users, if there is no tcodes and no PFCG?

3- How are these four components mentioned i.e. Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator maintained.

4- Does MDM have its own database like APO has LiveCache(MAXDB)?

5- Is MDM integrated with Portal?

6- How do I logon to MDM. Is there any specific URL and port nos?

Where is this information maintained?

7- How do I start a MDM server. Is there anything like SAP MMC for MDM?

8- Where are the MDM configuration files located?

9- Where are the MDM log files and trace files maintained?

10- Where do I troubleshoot in case of MDM system crash?

i.e. Are there any logfiles or traces to diagnose a MDM system crash?

11- What is difference between Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator?

What are these above 4 components used for?

Points to be rewarded for any kind of small help.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

You may be best at this point to start with reading some documentation on MDM.

Reference Guides can be downloaded from the Service Marketplace, if you have a S-user id. Go to the download center and navigate to the SAP MDM documents.

<a href="http://service.sap.com/swdc">http://service.sap.com/swdc</a>

Few other quick comments.

MDM runs on its own server (SQL, Oracle, DB2, MaxDB).

Users and authorizations are managed through the MDM Console.

Respositories are also set up and managed through the Console.

Data Manger is a view of the main database for storing records.

Import Manager/Server allow the importing of record information into a MDM database.

Syndicator is used to pull infomation from the MDM database.

There is functionality to integrate MDM with Portal.

There is also a Publisher component used for print publishing.

Best idea at this point is probably to continue to view the MDM information throughout the Service Marketplace and on SDN.

Some additional e-learning activities can be found here.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mdm-elearning">https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mdm-elearning</a>

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

1- From Basis perspective, if there are no Tcodes in MDM, then, I am wondering, as to how are the respositories and console maintained?

<u>Ans :</u> MDM altogether different box, getting installed in Win or Unix box, Data have been loaded into Database(Oracle,Sql Server).. The Complete functionality is carried out with the help of 4 major componets....

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/d7aed5058201b4e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">Reference Guides</a>

2- How are the roles and authoriations assigned to MDM users, if there is no tcodes and no PFCG?

<u>Ans :</u> Its maintained under the MDM console Component, read the topic Admin under MDM Console from the above reference Guide.

3- How are these four components mentioned i.e. Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator maintained.

<u>Ans:</u> Its Developed by J2EE, it always get connected to MDM server to Load, Manipulate and Extract informations.

4- Does MDM have its own database like APO has LiveCache(MAXDB)?

<u>Ans:</u> No, it used to connect to either Orace or SQL server (myself haven't used anyother)

5- Is MDM integrated with Portal?

<u>Ans:</u> Yes, in the form of iViews.

6- How do I logon to MDM. Is there any specific URL and port nos?

Where is this information maintained?

<u>Ans:</u> Console is the component for all Repository maintenance, as well as Admin related stuffs...

7- How do I start a MDM server. Is there anything like SAP MMC for MDM?

<u>Ans:</u> Its recommended to start from SAP MDM Console, there is an alternate to start from Services..

8- Where are the MDM configuration files located?

<u>Ans:</u> under Program files\SAP MDM 5.5\

9- Where are the MDM log files and trace files maintained?

<u>Ans:</u> Program files\SAP MDM 5.5\ (choose the particular component to see its related Log files)

10- Where do I troubleshoot in case of MDM system crash?

<u>Ans:</u> : Get in touch wt DBA or depends on the Crash ...

or write in the SDN forum(just kidding)

i.e. Are there any logfiles or traces to diagnose a MDM system crash?

11- What is difference between Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator?

What are these above 4 components used for?

<u>Ans:</u> : Please refert to Point # 1 for more detail...

hope I have clarified to certain level

thanks

Alexander

P.S.Kindly reward the points, if found problem solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

Alex has replied all the question raised by you.

Just to add more in that

Console: All types of repositories are maintained here ( Standard are Material Vendor Employee and Customer) . Roles user and authorization is maintained in console . History can be track at console level .

Import manager : By this componenet of MDM we can import file from various source like excel R/3 Port XML etc. System will check here records and pass to the Data manager.

Data manager: Here we can merge the records clenase the records and encrich the records with the help of Validating the data .

Syndicator: This component help to send the data back to destination system. May be same system from where data came or to different system.

Hope this give you some idea about various componenet of MDM.

Feel free to ask if you ahve any docubt.

Thansk,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

My Ex-Projectmates (Rohit, Alexander) already explained very well.But i have few points to share with you.

<u>1.How are these four components mentioned i.e. Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator maintained.</u>

All the MDM Components are working on the MDM Server.

MDM server is connected to the Console. Console is the component which does all the administrative activities.

Activities are Create/Copy/Delete/Duplicate Repository, Create/Delete/Modify User and their right...etc.

Only in Console ,we can see all servers and Repositories.

We can mount and up the Server/Repository (Start the server).

We can create different types tables and Relationships b/w the tables.

Coming to the Other Components(Import manager,Data Manager,Syndicator,Indexer,Publisher..)

Once you connected the repository ,these components will open.

For this we should have up and run server/Repository in the console.

I hope it helps to understand how MDM works.

<u>5- Is MDM integrated with Portal?</u>

MDM is not integrated with Portal,But we can integrate Portal using iViews.

iViews are the predefined Templates which helps user to search the records in MDM repositories without touching any of the MDM components.Even we can Create /Modify/Delete records using iViews.

<u>What is difference between Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator?</u>

<u>Import Manager:</u>

We can say,It is inward point to the MDM Server.Using this we can import datas to server.

It does the major role in the MDM.Here only transfer/import the records according to the MDM repository structure.Using the match condition ,datas will be creted/Updated/Replaced in Data manager.

Once Mapping completed ,we can save the map for further usage(If you want import same kind of records in future)

Once Importing is done,we can see the Datas in the MDM Data manager.

<u>Data Manager</u>

We can records in Data manger only.

It allows to edit/Create/Delete records.

It allows to enrich the data (Validation,Assignments,Workflow,Creating hierarchy records,Taxonomies..etc)

It is very rich Tool for Searching.

It has Search Pane,Record Pane,Record Detail Pane and Free Form Search.

Using Search Pane, We can search a particular records under the particular Search condition.For example Product has inner Depth of 23 inches.

Its Search power is the major acheivement in the MDM 5.5.Because it is working on the Table Index.

Look up tables are doing the major role in the Search functionality.

<u>Syndicator</u>

It is Outward point to the MDM.Once Data cleansing and enrichment process completed in the Data manager,the Datas are pure(Without duplicate records).

It is ready to send back to respective servers(R/3).

Using XI we can connect any SAP/Non SAP Server.

For this we will create/Modify the fields according to the destination servers.

Hope it will clarify your doubts.

For further clarification,refer the reference documents...

Best Regards

Devaraj PK