cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can Any One Please Tel me the Use of Solution Manager in SAP XI ???

Please Give me the Written Expalination . Don't Forward Any Doc's

Please Give me the Overview of it....

For Good I/P Will be Give as Good Points

Regards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go thru this...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ce68fda1-0c01-0010-f88b-f5fc4e9d...

latest version of Solman is 4.0

http://www.sapteched.com/06/usa/edu_sessions/session.htm?sid=147

Why is the SAP Solution Manager necessary for the installation of/upgrade to mySAP ERP?

The SAP Solution Manager is the strategic application management platform for our customers and the collaboration between the customer and SAP. To ensure the availability of this application management platform a SAP Solution Manager system is technically required to perform any upgrade or installation of mySAP ERP.

During the installation process a SAP Solution Manager system is required to generate the "SAP Solution Manager Key" for the installation of/upgrade to mySAP ERP. Without this key, the installation process cannot continue

What are the benefits of using the SAP Solution Manager for your mySAP ERP project?

Using the SAP Solution Manager along the lifecycle of your mySAP ERP solution leads to a faster implementation and more efficient operation, by providing all implementation and upgrade content for commonly used standard processes. In addition, projects become more transparent having the up-to-date central project documentation all in one place at any point of time.

TThe implementation content delivers SAP's comprehensive knowledge on implementing integrated, cross-component business scenarios. You can make use of this knowledge during your project by taking the pre-delivered implementation content as the starting point for your project scope. Further information regarding the implementation content for mySAP ERP can be found in the Documentation area for the SAP Solution Manager within the SAP Help Portal.

What is meant exactly by SAP Solution Manager being technically required for the implementation / upgrade?

During the installation / upgrade process you are prompted to enter the "SAP Solution Manager Key". This key is generated in SAP Solution Manager for the installation of the ECC component of mySAP ERP. The key is needed to proceed with the installation / upgrade. Without this key, the installation process cannot continue.

What's the procedure for generating the 'SAP Solution Manager Key' in SAP Solution Manager?

The following procedure is required to generate the 'SAP Solution Manager Key' in SAP Solution Manager:

Go to system landscape maintenance (transaction SMSY) in SAP Solution Manager

If the system is not maintained yet, please create the ECC system

Generate the key

Enter the key in the installation / upgrade tool for mySAP ERP

For further information, please refer to SAP Note 811923.

Can mySAP ERP be installed without having a SAP Solution Manager?

No, you need to have a SAP Solution Manager system available to perform the installation of/upgrade to mySAP ERP.

During the installation process, a SAP Solution Manager system is required to generate the "SAP Solution Manager Key" for the installation of/upgrade to mySAP ERP. Without this key, the installation process cannot continue.

Which SAP Solution Manager release do I need to generate the SAP Solution Manager Key?

The function within SAP Solution Manager to generate the required key is available with SAP Solution Manager Release 3.1 SP20 and SAP Solution Manager Release 3.2 SP4.

Is SAP Solution Manager shipped with mySAP ERP or do I have to order it separately?

SAP Solution Manager is included in the shipment of mySAP ERP.

Can I generate the "SAP Solution Manager Key" on a SAP Solution Manager used by another organizational unit of our enterprise?

Yes. You should generate the SAP Solution Manager Key on a SAP Solution Manager that will be connected to the mySAP ERP solution. SAP recommends to use a central SAP Solution Manager instance for the whole enterprise or in case of SAP channel partners and SAP operation service providers (BPO, Hosting, AMS) to have a central SAP Solution Manager instance for their end customers. The only compelling reason for using a local SAP Solution Manager instance is when it is not possible to link the mySAP ERP solution to the central SAP Solution Manager due to technical restrictions (e.g. firewalls for security reasons).

What are the hardware requirements for SAP Solution Manager?

Please take a look at the technical requirements for SAP Solution Manager (SMP login required).

What can I do if problems occur with the key generation?

In case of technical problems please send a customer message to SAP using the component BC-INST.

Where can I get additional technical information about the installation of mySAP ERP?

Please refer to the documents relevant for installation of/upgrade to mySAP ERP and the referenced notes and documentation within:

First Steps document

mySAP ERP Master Guide

Installation Guide SAP ECC 5.0

Upgrade Guide SAP ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos