cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if the emails to approvers are being sent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

We are using EBP 3.0 in a classic scenario.

Our workflow uses one level approval.

We have an user (approver) telling us that he is not receiving the emails to approver the SCs. So, my questio is:

How can I check if the emails to approvers are being sent?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through this -></b>

More generally workflow notifications are handle in the view BBPV_WF_MAILSEND (or table BBPC_WF_MAILSEND). There is a customizing entry for this in the workflow topic. It concerns the mail notification, not the workitem.

You have to maintain the sap office settings (SO16) in order to forward any sapoffice mail to external address.

Hopefully, bidders are notified directly in their personal mailbox, not in their SAP inbox.

So forward WI is useless here.

Mails are sent via SAPConnect.

Check transaction SCOT:

- customizing of an SMTP server

- filters on outbound emails

- scheduled job to process INT node

Also, You may want to utilize report RSWUWFMLEC which can be used to send external emails for open workflow workitems. You have the option to send email 1 per workitem or compile and send 1 per user per program run. See the program documentation for typical uses and requirements for this program.

We use this program to notify approvers of pending approval work items in addition to the notifications mentioned in the config in the previous post.

<b>Related links -></b>

<u>Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

thanks for your answer!

I have checked:

- The email of the user in SU01D is ok.

- Flag Forward Workitem is X, for this user in PPOMA_BBP

- The program RSWUWFMLEC has a schedule and run every one hour.

My question: Can I use RSWUWFMLEC report to see if the email are being sent to this specific user?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm checking the transaction SOST in EBP, where I can see all the emails sent to approvers.

The email of this user is not in the list.

I checked the program RSWUWFMLEC (to create emails) is scheduled to run every 30 minutes. The program RSCONN01 (send emails) is scheduled to run every 5 minutes.

One more question:

How Can I check (in the EBP tables or transactions) the date/time when the user shops the SC, the date/time when the manager approves, etc ?

Thanks!

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have run into the same scenario. I have used transaction code SOST in the SRM GUI to see the log of e-mails that have gone out. If you do not see any entries for that particular user, you may need to investigate further. You may also want to make sure the recipient does not have any filters set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I check the filters?

Thanks!

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you would have to check with the individual user. Then, if you know of an item that requires approval, run the program that generates the e-mail and ask them if they got it or not.

Otherwise, you may need to get assistance from your organization that deals with e-mails and see if they can find anything on their side (especially if SOST shows that an e-mail was sent).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!