cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping problem - flat structure to deep structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We aren't able to figure out how to convert a flat XML to a deep XML. Here is the problem.

Source structure ( a - 1 to unbounded and b - 0 to unbounded)

A

b

b

A

b

A

A

We want to convert this to a target structure that would look like this -

A

-> b

-> b

-> b

A

-> b

A

A

What's the best way of achieving this result? We've looked at all the node functions but maybe we are missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Salil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is problem we faced in my previous assignment.all that you can do is suggest them to change the target structure (if applicable). or you need to go for JAVA or XSLT mapping as the structure is bit complex.

Please have a look at the below thread.

Hope this helps.

-Prasad Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same can be achieved using XSLT mapping, which would have an edge over java mapping for its performance.

regards

krishna

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It can be done using Java Mapping.

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/02/25/simple-java-code-in-graphical-mapping--xi java code in graphical mapping - XI</a> by Michal Krawczyk

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i Mapping (Part I)</a> by Prasad Ulagappan

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii Mapping (Part II)</a> by Prasad Ulagappan

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii Mapping (Part III)</a> by Prasad Ulagappan

Regards

Santhosh

[url=; Use a Good Subject Line, One Question Per Posting - Award Points[/url]