cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN on Safari Browser ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !!

Recently i've installed the Safari for Windows XP or Vista, to make some test and evaluate the differences for this browser running on Win.

The problem i found is that i cannot load SDN page using Safari, do you know what i've to do to make it accessible ?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem on the mac side using Safari and it is related to your security certificate as someone already pointed out. I now got it to work by doing the following on the Mac (not sure where the certificates are stored on Safari for Windows):

- Open Application KeyChain.app (again, this is probably Mac only)

- Search for SAP certificates and delete them ALL

- Download the certificate from SDN again

- Double-click it (will open in KeyChain and install accordingly). Alternatively, you can import it from within KeyChain

- Restart Safari

SDN has been working fine for me ever since.

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis.

Cert works fine for SDN. Have you managed to get OS-X -> Safari to use certs for Service Markeplace?

Alan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have the problem on my Mac. Where do i get the certificate ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer by Dennis Staiger worked for me.

Deleted all the keychains/certificated that has SAP on them. Apart from that deleted the 1 or 2 certificates that popup while trying to logon to SCN. Later tried to login and it worked.

Regards

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

some feature from Safari cannot exactly fit the ie based site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup...i was facing the same problem...it has the error message of "Safari can’t open the page “https://www.sdn.sap.com/” because it couldn’t establish a secure connection to the server “www.sdn.sap.com”."...anyway, i have reported this error to apple...

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Safari has problems with client side certificate for authentication and seems alos difficulties to recognize CyberTrust as a certifying authority. The problem also occurs in Adobe AIR (which uses webkit too)

Eddy

Hans
Explorer
0 Kudos

I don't really have an answer for you, but why don't you select Help->Report Bugs to Apple... and report the problem. Remember that Safari for Windows is beta software, and bugs are to be expected. The whole purpose of beta software is to have lots of eyes looking at it and finding the bugs.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remember that Safari for Win is still a beta (or looking at the bugs, more an alpha).

On top of that, the question remains if Safari is officially supported by SDN.

Eddy

shawn_ling
Explorer
0 Kudos

It seems not only to be safari for win beta, the same thing happens on mac os 10.5. Safari cannot estabilish the secure connection to sdn but firefox 3 beta can.