Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly FYV with more than seven days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Demand planning problem in SCM 5.0

I've created a FYV calendar which will be used in my data views that contains some ‘weeks’ that are longer and shorter than seven days (this is to ensure the last day of the year is always 31 December and that we always have 52 weeks in a year).

My question relates to how historical data will be displayed in these buckets. If the historical data is currently in weekly buckets (seven day buckets), how will this be distributed across the new FYV buckets that have more or less than seven days?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you going to load history data from an infocube to the keyfigure in planning area? If that is the case then do you have weeks (0CALWEEK) and months (0CALMONTH) as the time characteristics in the Infocube. Now if the Storage Bucket profile used in the DP Planning Area is having FYV and Month then you can load the data from cube to planning area at Monthly level. This should disaggregate the data from monthly time bucket to the corresponding FYV buckets proportionally (assuming there is no Time based disaggregation).

If there is no Month Time Characteristic then I believe you can not load the data from the cube to planning area directly. You will need to make modification to put the data records into suitable time buckets (aggregate like Monthly or exactly as the FYV) before it can be loaded from cube to planning area.

Thanks,

Somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this

Create a new Storage bucket profile XYX which has both Weeks and the FYV checked

Copy you currrent planning area but use the new Storage bucket profile

initialize the new Plannign area (you can use the same MPOS)

for one of the Key figures, using TSCOPY, copy data from existing plannign area to the new planning area

check if it works. If it does you can backup your current planning area change it and reload it