Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Roll out Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL ,

I am a basis conslustant....

I have a query. In our company recently implementation got finished in our main branch.

They are obout to go for roll out in couple of months....

I want to know that as basis consultant what could be or what will be my responsibilites...as they will go for roll out in India and as well as other international branches.

Please suggest me....So that I can prepare myself properly, if they select me for this assignment.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of my experience the work of the basis must have been finished BEFORE GoLive. That is:

- installation of production system

- backup strategy of the production system

- TMS configured?

- Printers working?

- SAPGUI distribution (installation + patch management)

and more - depending on the level of involvement (SAP only or more).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Markus,

Yes, these things we have configured.

Is there any more things to done.

Like:-

1.Installation of addtional intance at the main office or at the other branches.....

2.Installation of the GUI at the workstation requried at other branches....

3.Can we go for database clustering so that database can be installed at different branches for the better performance....will SAP support this type of configuration.. as I have no idea about it.

or any other things can be done for the performance of the database and user response.

Thanks

Bhaskar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Decisions about whether clustering or not should have been done before If you go live in a month, it's pretty unlikely that you will be able to set up a clustering.

You can't "distribute" a database across locations to do "load balancing", how should that work technically? Database nodes would need to have a HIGH SPEED interconnect - and if you have such a connection, network speed is not an issue However, it's possible to set up a FAILOVER cluster on a different location.

For more information about High Availibility see http://service.sap.com/ha

The SAP network protocol is VERY good, depending on the type of the connection you won't see much difference between working locally and remotely.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Markus..

I think what u suggest is a good option.

We can think on a Failover Cluster on different location.

Ok..but What about the installtion of seperate instances...since we will have atleast 20-25 user per lacation.

Thanls

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a sizing thing - usually, at the start of a project, you do an official sizing with SAP and your hardware vendor (http://service.sap.com/sizing and http://service.sap.com/quicksizer). What comes out is a number of "SAPS", that number is given to you selected hardware vendor and they offer you an appropriate machine that can handle the expected load (or more than one).

Have you done that?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I have not done this before...this the first time will involve in roll out.

thanks for the suggestion.....

Answers (0)